Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Santa Cruz, and our dealer went out of business over a year ago. Nearest dealers are San Jose (which I have had mixed results with on my heritage) and Salinas which I have heard good things about but not from folks who run V-Rods.

I need the 20K service soon with the valve check etc. and maybe a clutch and I would appreciate anyone with RECENT EXPERIENCE ON V-ROD REPAIRS Santa Cruz San Jose Salinas Monterey CA area.[/U][/U]thanks,

Elvis

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
send a PM to forum member My_VRSCDX, I plan on him doing my lash an fall away at 20k. He puts things dead balls in the middle of the spec, not at one end or the other. The dealer will check to ensure the lash is within the spec range, and whether it is at the top end or bottom end, they won't adjust....

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Wish I could remember the name of the shop, but an Independent shop in Morgan Hill is supposed to be pretty good. They're a large shop and often sponsor weekend or evening gatherings. I can make a call and get the name if you can't find it.

·
Usually Clueless
373 Posts
Wish I could remember the name of the shop, but an Independent shop in Morgan Hill is supposed to be pretty good. They're a large shop and often sponsor weekend or evening gatherings. I can make a call and get the name if you can't find it.

The "Motor Shop" on Monterey Road?

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I live in Santa Cruz, and our dealer went out of business over a year ago. Nearest dealers are San Jose (which I have had mixed results with on my heritage) and Salinas which I have heard good things about but not from folks who run V-Rods.

I need the 20K service soon with the valve check etc. and maybe a clutch and I would appreciate anyone with RECENT EXPERIENCE ON V-ROD REPAIRS Santa Cruz San Jose Salinas Monterey CA area.[/U][/U]thanks,

Elvis
Are you referring to Faultline HD in Fremont wrt mixed results? Other than ridiculous Bay Area labor rates I have had good results the one time I used them. The tech seemed to know his business and was excruciatingly careful with the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, it's even more important now, at least until the rain starts my lower fan stopped working and it get hot not if I work it hard.

Anyone taken a V-Rod to the Salinas Dealer?

Elvis ...thank you ...thank you very much....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts