Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best shop in the Greater Toronto Area for v-rods? Given how our bikes aren't as common as your average HD, I'm finding I'm getting a lot of vague answers and general unsure-ness from dealerships I've visited around here. If there's a shop around the GTA that sees more v-rods and has better working knowledge of them, I'd gladly go to them rather than roll the dice with a tech who sees just a few per year.

Given most shops only see a few v-rods a year, I'm starting to think it might be worth it for us to do a group-buy type of thing, ie: pick a shop we're comfortable with, and take our bikes through them regularly. That way, instead of 5 shops seeing a handful of v-rods per year, we can get one shop a regular flow of v-rods, develop working expertise on our bikes, etc.

Anyway, just a thought, talking out of my ass. Thoughts?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
There are two shops that I have used that both have A LOT of experience with VRods

Kreater
www.kreater.com

Wildside
http://wildsidechoppers.com/

Both shops know their stuff ... though they are both in the west end (Etobicoke)

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts
There is a shop in Mississauga that I would recommend http://www.aviationmotorcycle.com/

Raph is an excellent mechanic with a great knowledge of Vrods i would highly suggest you give him a call.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Yup ... Though they aren't the least expensive option you'll find, they do it all

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup ... Though they aren't the least expensive option you'll find, they do it all
I dont mind spending a bit extra $$ as long as the service and quality is worht it - I'll take it there for my first service just so they have a good once-over on all the things.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Tell them mike sent you. They'll take great care of you. Make sure to take a walk around the garage. They have some really impressive builds going on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't live far from the Kreater shop so they might be a good option for me. This might be a dumb question but why take your vrod for service there instead of a Harley dealer like Davies or Jacox? I just got my bike so I'm still learning. Can you please explain?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try finding someone here on the east coast that knows much about a v-rod, i think if some of the old die hard h.d. guys, and the younger street freaks seen what some of you guys (me as of now) are doing to them they would be more common to see out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for Raph at Aviation.

Great guy to deal with and prices are reasonable. Been taking my bike there for over 2 years now. He's done a lot of customization and maintenance work for me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Kreator no doubt does good work.Just look at Sincs bike .But come with a thick wallet .The last Wild Side location I went to on Lakeshore looked like a dump.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts