Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello R guys, i would like to know ( proved experiences ) what’s the best shocks length and brand/model you’ve find for your beast, I will not consider any shorter than stock but i would like probably something taller.

About the forks, any good kit like springs etc or even better a cartridge kit ?

Any other good advice will be very apreciated.....,what about the true track link ?

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Great search there H-D Heathen - I'm going to drop my triple trees down on the fork tubes 10MM and sneak up on the 20MM over time - sounds like quite an improvement ! Will81 I dumped the oil out of my stock R forks, flushed and serviced with Bel Ray 5wt fork oil and it allowed the forks to stroke much better reducing the excessive compression damping and I'm happy for now with them, well balanced with the stock rear shocks. Looking fwd to a fork cartridge kit and some 1/4 to 3/8 longer (16" to 16+1/8" ) probably Race Tech shocks in the future. Let us know what you do, what you find out, as availability can be challenging on some of this as time goes on - Good Luck !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys, i would like to know the original set up about the forks i mean if is possible do you tell me how many millimeters the forks are inside the top tree ?
I would like to know looking the bike in front of you in the forward part of the top tree holes how many mm the fork caps are inside, mine now is 12 millimeters outside and if I’m correct means 15mm dropped cuz when i taked out the forks they was 3mm inside about the front holes

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
For the VRSCR:
- RaceTech Gold Valve fork kit (FMGV-S2050C)
- RaceTech fork springs (FRFP-S3827090)
- Maxima 20-weight fork oil
- Works Performance Street Tracker rear springs (stock length)

·
VRSC est -03
3,095 Posts
Any experience with the True Track link ??
They`re made for 240 V-rods, it`s doable on a 180 but the belt will run very close to the bracket... risky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello guys, i would like to know the original set up about the forks i mean if is possible do you tell me how many millimeters the forks are inside the top tree ?
The service manual shows the forks should be recessed 1.7mm from the top of the front of the top triple tree. Got that, haha!

Anyway measure from the front of the top triple tree. The fork should be 1.7mm below the top for stock setting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would like to know looking the bike in front of you in the forward part of the top tree holes how many mm the fork caps are inside, mine now is 12 millimeters outside and if I’m correct means 15mm dropped cuz when i taked out the forks they was 3mm inside about the front holes
Sounds like your drop is about 13.7mm, based on the stock setting of 1.7mm below the top triple.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the VRSCR:
- RaceTech Gold Valve fork kit (FMGV-S2050C)
- RaceTech fork springs (FRFP-S3827090)
- Maxima 20-weight fork oil
- Works Performance Street Tracker rear springs (stock length)
I'm thinking about doing this upgrade over the winter. How much difference did it make?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Get the Energy Suspension motor mount kit and cush drive. The motor mounts are polyurethane and take all the slop out of the rear suspension mounting. By now the rubber ones are shot anyway.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Get the Energy Suspension motor mount kit and cush drive. The motor mounts are polyurethane and take all the slop out of the rear suspension mounting. By now the rubber ones are shot anyway.
link to the motor mounts?

I see the cush drive is at vreeland's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts