Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please give me their opinion on what the best riding boots for the DX are? The safest; a lot of protection, and I do mean a lot. Do not burn from the pipes. Look the best, and full length. All input is welcome, and links to where I can buy them, prince not an issue. Thanks guys

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i love my dainese boots ,not cheap but good and undo at the back ,slender toe area make it easy to get foot under peg without raising the peg up higher than need be and great ribbing in front to give good flexability

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
ridge boots

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Sidi Canyon Gortex. Expensive, but can be resoled, waterproof, warm, and breathe very well in the hotter weather.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going with Sidi ST boots or the Alpinestar FMX Plus boots, but both these boots are made for sports bikes, im afraid that the pipes will burn the boots inside the inner right calf... Does anyone ride in boots made for sport bikes????

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I have a D with forward controls and wear sport bike boots. Not sure what your concern is about burning, unless you wear your jeans inside your boots. I never had a problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the boots that I want have a buckle/ clamp system that claps inside the inner calf right on top, so the pipe coming from the header will be right against that spot. Im afraid that the heat will burn that part. I tuck my jeans in my boots bc all my jeans get burned... here is a link to the boots so you can see what im talking about

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=9478

·
Registered
250 Posts
Swatt boots with side zipper, I find are the most comfortable. Sidi are the most uncomfortable. Harley boots some where in the middle, but quite heavey.
Roger

·
brett
9,338 Posts
u tuck ur jeans in ur boots:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::yak::bolt,id rather buy a new pair of jeans once a year than tuck em in ,but thats just me ,lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I buy expensive jeans, and after a few rides they're ruined... If it was one or two pairs then I'd probably wouldn't care

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
I'm outta this discussion. It easily beyond my understanding. FI.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts