Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find the best place to get the work done on my heads. Is the Fitzgerald race ready port worth it? Really only looking to do heads and cams. Nothing lower in the motor than that.
What are good alternative places to have the heads done?

·
VRSC est -03
2,856 Posts
Generally not worth it, you will only end up with a few horsepower .. become expensive horses ..
I have walked that path on my last two engines, ported, valved & cammed -both SE2 and Jones- to just end up with a barely measurable result. If you want to get a serious push in your motorcycle, you have to work more dramatically and then we talk about all the way: cubic inches, compressor or turbo. If this is not the case, my experience stage1 is sufficient - an effective 2-1 system and a dyno bench session with a professional operator. This clearly gives the most bang for the bucks. Head work is only a part of the game..

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I agree with Knut J - Stage 1 is best bang for the buck - after that it's off to the races with laying out money - lots of it to do it right - and time. Ported larger valve heads are really meant to balance the flow for a larger bore and/or stroke but mainly for the larger bore so on a stock bottom end pretty much a lot of $ for no real improvement. The Revo engine was very well designed so there are no real " power bottlenecks " that you can fix that easily and realize big power gains because there are none - get a good 2-1 pipe, a really good tune and a G2 quick turn throttle tube - the increased response will make you feel like it's got way more power - and you'll be happy. Revo power Stg 1 is $ 75 - $ 150 for each Hp the closer you get to 200 Hp + the closer you get to $ 200 a Hp so it's a steep Bell curve - not for the faint of wallet then blow one up and double it. It's a tail chaser - maximize what you have ride & enjoy it maybe drop in a set of Stg 1 or Stg 2 cams on the stock head and leave it at that just tune it properly & that's a good reliable 125 Rwhp to make you smile - that's my approach anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts