Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a front tire for my vrod again. I made a trike out of my vrod and I'm replacing the front tire every year or every 4,500 miles. bummer. I noticed that the prices are much higher than last year. I'm shopping but can't find a good price on tires. I'm leaning toward an AVON. I've tried them all so far but the AVON. best price so far is almost $200. any ideas? curley

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I need a front tire for my vrod again. I made a trike out of my vrod and I'm replacing the front tire every year or every 4,500 miles. bummer. I noticed that the prices are much higher than last year. I'm shopping but can't find a good price on tires. I'm leaning toward an AVON. I've tried them all so far but the AVON. best price so far is almost $200. any ideas? curley
Curley, I buy new tires every season (though I usually get a little more milage out of them). Last year I bought Avon Cobras and this year Pirelli Night Dragons, both from JakeWilson.com... They were by far the best priced and were at my door in 3-5 days both times. I highly recommend them...

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
1,117 Posts

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
2nd thumbs up for good price and service from Jake Wilson. Got my Venoms from them and ordering a set of tires for the old ladys bike today.

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Talked to a non Harley (Kal) dealer today and he says the Metzlers have cupping issues, and going to somthing wider than the 180 on my 05 VRSCB is a bad idea that handling on ware are an issue. I need new tires but I need to know what I can use. And the size, cost is a factor too. They quoted me $219 for a rear Dunlop and $176 for a front. $60 a wheel to install/bal and if I take the wheels off myself it's $30 a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
Dude, get away from the stock tires...the duncraps are just that CRAP. GO with METZ, AVON COBRAS, PIRELLI ETC...

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Talked to a non Harley (Kal) dealer today and he says the Metzlers have cupping issues, and going to somthing wider than the 180 on my 05 VRSCB is a bad idea that handling on ware are an issue. I need new tires but I need to know what I can use. And the size, cost is a factor too. They quoted me $219 for a rear Dunlop and $176 for a front. $60 a wheel to install/bal and if I take the wheels off myself it's $30 a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Horseshit and ripoff are the first 2 words that come to mind after hearing that...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Buy your tires on Ebay then take the wheels off yourself and take them in to the dealer to get the tires put on the rims and balanced.

·
Check that P clamp!
686 Posts

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I just bought my Metz here, best prices I found for anything from a major supplier. $274.00 with fast free shipping. Great transaction, tire was exactly one year old.

Linky.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new front tire deals

Chaparral motor sports has the 120z 70 19 bridgestone tire for $99.88 + $7.99 shipping. I have one with over 3,000 miles . I've tried all the major expensive brands and see no difference. just letting you'll know that there is an inexpensive tire out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts