Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GROUP. I am new to this forum but it appaers t be a great source of experince and info. I have two bikes in the garage, a 99 Ultra Classic w/82K miles (purchased new in June 99, w/max factory upgrades short of stroker/flywheel) and a new custom painted 03 V-Rod wife wonderful bought me for my 43rd birthday in July, now with 2500 miles. I like going fast and I am a mile eater, though not particulary a 1/4 mile appetite for a steady diet. This combination of bikes for touring and around town hp is unbeatable. Frankly, I never knew life could be this good! I generally log 20-22k per year on the dresser but now, if I am going solo it is on the vrod. Make no mistake about it (and as you already know), it is friggin awesome.
As a fairly high mileage rider I have learned over the years to depend on the factory upgrades first, and if that doesn't work, try the aftermarkets. I know for some that does not represent enough added hp. etc. All I am looking for on the vrod is the max sustainable hp with long term dependability.
SO, to the point......I installed the performance SE's today, reflashed the ecm and added the k&n high flow filter. YEE-HAA!!!!
It really woke this baby up and the throttle response is noticeably sharper.
Thanks again for a good forum. I will probably not pursue many of the true high performance p&a some of you are in to, but I love readin' about them. And thinking about my next ride on the factory upgraded vrsc of MY DREAMS!
RLAMF,
Bagman

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Thanks for introducing yourself Bagman and welcome to the forum.

Max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts