Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have installed on my 06 VRSCD the foward control shifter and made the linkage with hiem joints and some threaded rod(5/16 is what i used) and painted it black. i used the factory bolt on the mid control for the foward and and a bolt that is 2 inches longfor the mid control adjust to fit and BAM! foward and mid shift control. this is convient when you need alittle down shift without some braking.all these parts were cutom made or bought off ebay.i have less than 20.00 in the whole deal.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Man props to you for being able to rig that up, but the looks of it makes me.........:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: ...I would of just went with the mid-controls and highway pegs

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
then I would of left well enough alone....that cost probably too much money and too much time.....that's time you could of been riding

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
That's pretty creative.

·
Registered
332 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Man props to you for being able to rig that up, but the looks of it makes me.........:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: ...I would of just went with the mid-controls and highway pegs
WOW ?! My D came with highway pegs just like his.

Nice job. $20 works for me.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
i have installed on my 06 VRSCD the foward control shifter and made the linkage with hiem joints and some threaded rod(5/16 is what i used) and painted it black. i used the factory bolt on the mid control for the foward and and a bolt that is 2 inches longfor the mid control adjust to fit and BAM! foward and mid shift control. this is convient when you need alittle down shift without some braking.all these parts were cutom made or bought off ebay.i have less than 20.00 in the whole deal.
I absolutely love it! That is creative and economical. I think that would be a cool perk to be able to shift from the highway peg. It does not look bad to me at all.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Good job! I added the forward shifter last year - use it more and more when just cruising - mids for getting into the twisties. Love the dual controls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts