Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Progressive 440 shocks lowering my bike 1". Some of the nicer lifts I've seen just won't fit under my bike anymore. Any hope of finding a quality lift that will fit under a lowered V-Rod?

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I have mine lowered front and rear. Even stock my Craftman lift did not fit under mike bike. I always have ran my bike up on 1X6's or 2X6's (I use 3, front/rear wheel and jiffy stand) and the lift has always went under fine:D

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Get a 2x4 role up on it with the back tire and your fine!Your craftsman will work No problem! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something I hadn't thought of. If there was a :duh: smiley I'd use it now. Anyway, good, I can get that nice craftsman lift I saw the other day! :plause:

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
I love my craftman, I suggest 2X6 because once the bike is rolled up on the wood, it still continues to roll.:D

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrsc said:
I love my craftman, I suggest 2X6 because once the bike is rolled up on the wood, it still continues to roll.:D
WHAT EVER A 2 X8 You know what I mean!I will give yo a Free Super Kaz Tip too! :hyper: Cut the Edge of the 2x WHAT EVER At and Angle so it's like a Ramp that your back wheel will role up on! :plause: It what Us Fast Guys USE! ;) :kaz:

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
I always heard that the Larin lift (from Sam's Club) was lower profile from the Craftsman...

I just measured mine, it requires a minimum space of 3.38" to slide under your scooter. Measure at the frame tube adjacent to the jiffy stand on your bike...

I hope that this is helpful.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
0rest 0har said:
I always heard that the Larin lift (from Sam's Club) was lower profile from the Craftsman...

I just measured mine, it requires a minimum space of 3.38" to slide under your scooter. Measure at the frame tube adjacent to the jiffy stand on your bike...

I hope that this is helpful.
Ohrest,
You are Correct the Larin is Lower then the Craftsman.Turbo Dan had the Bike on one of those"it sits SUPER LOW"!I was gonna Buy one But I have to HAVE ALL MY STUFF MATCH and I'm a Craftsman guy!It's a little more work but to me it's No Big Deal!I'mk getting ANOTHER CRAFTSMAN! :thumb:

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I also have the Costco lift and mine is lowered an inch and a half and can get it under the bike no problem. Have had it a year and a half now and have had no problems with it.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Christine said:
Did you get that one because it matches your bike? :D:D:D
Nearly. I actually ordered the normal spec lift, and I guy at the factory called me and offered me a deal on the upgraded lift because I queried how low it goes. (dreaming of a 240 etc etc.) The BigBlue one goes down lower so I said I'd go for it and I ordered the Bike Grab too (they sent me a silver one of these),its very usefull as no risk of dropping bike when using the lift. Both match my bike by pure coincidence.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have the craftsman.. nice piece..

stay away from the walmart/sams club ANYTHING... or we'll all be working there soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts