Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I recently purchased a 2009 Night Rod Special and need some warranty work done. I am in MA near the NH border and I am trying to figure out which HD dealer to go to. There are a few around and would like some feedback from anyone who has any experience in the area.

Can anyone recommend a dealership in MA or NH?

Thanks in advance!
Tom

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
I wish I could recommend someone but I never go to the dealer. I think all you really have is HD of Southampton, MA and Leominster, MA? There's also Monadnock HD. I've dealt a bit with Ocean State Harley in RI, they've been good, but that's a bit of a haul for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bah- There are a few around that I would travel to if its worth it.
North Billerica, MA
Merrimack, NH
Manchester, NH
North Hampton, NH
Everett, MA

Anyone else?

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
I have had good luck with Heritage HD in Concord NH. Parts guy rides a Vrod. Service person looked at me funny when I said my coolant light came on at Manchester HD.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
I have had both good and bad experince's at seacoast harley. bad was after the owner fired the service manager and he was filling in was kind of an ass when I went in with a tsb in hand for a bad fuel flange.

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
NH HD expriences

I'll tell you about my experiences with NH stealers.

Heritage HD in Concord: I moved to Concord 3 years ago, was still riding my '86 FXR then. 1st strike: Took it in for a problem and the chicka at the service desk said the bike was too old...2nd strike: after I bought my R(used) I took it in for its 1000 service. It was hesitating/surging when I brought it in but they found nothing wrong with it. 300 bucks for a oil, filter and plug change. 3rd strike: I wanted to buy/have installed a V&H 2:1 pipe, and was told that they're discontinued(btw, they are a drag specialties rep that sells V&H). I bought said pipe from V&H, emailed Heritage HD saying that I wanted a quote to install, buy a SERT and dyno time. 2 weeks later, 2 additional emails and still no answer. Did I call, no. If they can't be bothered to read their emails why bother? I am DONE with them. Pity, as I live just a few miles away.

Seacoast HD: Bought my FXR there over 20 years ago, when they were a small dealer in their old building just north of their new Mc Mansion a few miles south. Back then, a great place, great service and they went WAY over and beyond to make sure that I was a satisfied customer. As they got bigger, Seacoast got more impersonal. In the 90's and 00's craze they began to cater to the docs, lawyers, and people with $$ and generally dissed the blue collar folk that gave them their intial success. When I decided that after 20+ years it was time for a different ride I went back and tried to trade in my ole' FXR. I wasn't expecting much but was suprised to find that they didn't want it. I walked out of there with a REALLY bad taste in my mouth and will probably never consider spending $$ there again.

Nashua HD: I have never bought or had work/service performed but know several HD riders(aird heads) who go to them exclusively.

Manchester HD: After strike #2 at Heritage HD I took my R to Manchester--it's near to where I work. They successfully diagnosed and fixed the sputtering/hesitation issue. They were more than patient with me while I designed and machined some custom components that I needed to for some aftermarket parts that I bought for them to install. Never a problem asking to go back in their shop to talk to the guy working on my bike. They even came and picked up my bike--cost me $60 bucks, but having no other way to get it there I consider it well spent.

I'll leave your decision up to you, but you can guess where I'll be going next spring to get my bike dynoed after I bolt that new V&H pipe on.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had good luck with Nashua HD. That said, they're the only Harley dealer I've dealt with. The parts guys seem to know what they are talking about and the service guys have done a good job. They don't sell a lot of vrods, but they do sell some.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
I'll tell you about my experiences with NH stealers.

Manchester HD: After strike #2 at Heritage HD I took my R to Manchester--it's near to where I work. They successfully diagnosed and fixed the sputtering/hesitation issue. They were more than patient with me while I designed and machined some custom components that I needed to for some aftermarket parts that I bought for them to install. Never a problem asking to go back in their shop to talk to the guy working on my bike. They even came and picked up my bike--cost me $60 bucks, but having no other way to get it there I consider it well spent.
I had good luck with Manchester H-D. They repaired and serviced my 1981 Wide Glide in 1985. I assume nothing has changed. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would not recommend Leominster Harley Davidson

I went there 3 years ago for my 5000 mile service.

About 2 months after this service in April I pulled my airbox cover off to discover no filter or top.

I called the dealer and the said there is no way they would have forgotten that but the cover had not been taken off. He said he would check with service manager and tech. Sure enough they found all the missing parts in the "lost and found" I guess in the service department.

How many V Rods do you think they work on, even if it was an honest mistake wouldn't those parts on the tech's bench give them a hint that something got missed and justify at least a call?

When I returned they barely offered an apology. NEVER Ever again and after buying parts (radiator grill, chrome covers, 2 jackets...over $500) they have lost way more than money with me. Any chance I have to tell this story I do.:chainsaw:

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
Manchester HD has treated me well with my 07-Screaming Eagle Ultra, I bought it from them and continue to travel 100 miles to get major service issues taken care of, I do my own interim oil changes.

They promptly took care of the head gasket problems during the first production year, then as soon as HD came out with the revised heads etc, they took care of it, I recently brought the bike in for more warranty work, Tourpak bracket broke in half, the starter reduction/overrun/clutch fried for the second time, broken switch in left control pod for the clutch bypass failed, cracked Y-PIPE, the work was warranty & fully covered.

My experiences are AIR HEAD related, but I think it exemplifies their efforts as a business, they have a large floor plan & suspect they turn out a few VROD sales, with that they had better have competent techs to handle them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! Just sucks that we have to worry about what dealers that we can trust.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,425 Posts
Theres one in Keene also,on RT 12

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm new to New Hampshire and need to have my 2012 VROD serviced.

Any updated recommendations for dealerships with experienced VROD techs? From the previous posts in this thread, it sounds like Manchester HD is my best bet.

Thanks all,

-Chad

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure about the Lebanon NH dealership since when I worked at Sturm Ruger years ago most of the guys I worked with bought their bikes thru the shop in Keene NH. I lived in Cornish Flat and remember the shop in Lebanon NH was great but not sure if ownership changed by now. I moved to the NC Mtns and have a 2014 NRS and bought it at Blackwolf HD in Bristol VA. So far they've done a fabulous job with warranty work but I did have an 06 FLHTI that I bought at Crossroads HD back in 2006. No issues there either and both shops have a great tech to work on the vrods. Good luck with you search. Not sure about the shop in Meredith NH but I remember during many trips with a non hd to that shop and a great bunch of people. I just needed to move south to enjoy a HD product more than just 5 months without having to ice race it.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts