Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for exhaust. What is the best performance exhaust for the v-rod muscle? (Bubs 2 into 2 jug huggers or tab performance slip-ons. Both look and sound good.

tmar :banghead:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Stock, Tabs, & v/h look great. 2 into 1 will give you the best preformance due to less weight and less resistance. However, will not look as good as the two matching satin silver exhaust pipes. Free up motors ability to suck air in and spit it out will add hp. Droping weight will increase power to weight ratio.(more hp gained here) Get most out of stock set up 1st. Learn how to shift so that you land at 4k rpm or higher. Buy a shift light to aid with that. Once you can drive it in power band and stop it from THOSE speeds, then mod the heck out of her. I like the quiet stock pipes even though they weigh alot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tmar, I think you will get answers based on people's preferences. The only Muscle specific exhausts currently are the TAB and V&H slip ons, V&H 2 into 1. Toxic pipes require passenger footpeg relocation. Nightrod exhaust systems will fit but you will need the Nightrod brackets, passenger footpeg relo, and need to make sure they won't interfere with the oil dipstick. Most people have gotten similar results out of the TABS and V&H slip-ons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know bubs will be more work, but the sound and looks are nicer. They should also shave off a few pounds. I just don't know whats going to give me more HP.

tmar:banghead:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
From the two dyno days that we have hosted here in Houston at our Vrods and Hot bods events I would say the the Jug Huggers will give you a little better torque but be a little down on HP compared to the 2 into 1s. That being said the torque you gain vs the HP you lost isn't enough to to win a race either way. You will need to get what you want and be happy with it because there is no magic exhaust that does it all.... The closest would probably be a stock third volume from an AW/NRS bike coupled with with tab or equivalent slip ons for best mix of HP and Torque but you don't lose any appreciable weight that weigh....

·
Rob
85 Posts
I'd go for tabs or VH slip-ons,the 2 into 1 are to low and drag on the road like the frame does,aftermarket shocks like the Works ones and some metzlers will increase overall speed

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I'd go for tabs or VH slip-ons,the 2 into 1 are to low and drag on the road like the frame does,aftermarket shocks like the Works ones and some metzlers will increase overall speed
the V & H 2 into 1 scrapes the road...like the frame does? Whaa? I'm considering the 2 into 1 but if does this, I need to reconsider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have any experience or seen any dyno numbers with the toxic pipes? I think they look sick but I'm hesitant because of the whole footpeg relocation thing, also thinking about VH 2-1 but concerned about ground clearence as some of you have stated.

·
Jeff
283 Posts
My .02 cents (yes, I'm still a newbie too), but the main reason I bought my '09 Muscle was because of the pipes on both sides. Before taking delivery I had the dealership install VH comp slip-ons, SE pro tuner and SE air cleaner. Why ruin a beautiful thing and put the exhaust on the right side like most every other bike out there? I say keep the duals.

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts