Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for the muscle I have yet to buy I really don't want to change the look to a standard vrod by moving both pipes to one side. Is it me or does there need to be more options on the muscle for a good dual exhaust?

·
'03 W/Rinehart pipes
43 Posts
I go back and forth on this one. I have Rinehart straight pipes that are loud when I want them to be, but I still harken back to the look of my stock set and how much better they fit the bike. Hey, you can always do what I did and hang on to your muscle until the times catch up with it.

I started with a 2002 and now have a 2003. I remember going to the swap meets back at the beginning and all I could find for accessories were stickers and ball caps.

What can you say? Your ahead of the curve.

James

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,066 Posts
If your asking I think the V&H for the muscle is the best as of now. I've heard both Tab and V&H side by side and the V&H was impressive for sound.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
My buddy has a black muscle with the silver V&H comp indy pipe. Looks good, sounds good. I would recommend it, just make sure you have a proper tune. He doesn't and his pipe already looks like shit, not to mention his bike overheats.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think the proper tune helps with discoloration of the pipe. I have a VH Comp on my vrsca with a power commander, impeccible installation, and it still discolored slightly, check my pics for detailed.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Don't know what kind of installation you had or what kind of dyno tune. My buddy just got them slapped on at Jacox. They charged him almost $ 600 for the screamin eagle race tuner and did a download onto his bike lol.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Tab

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
The Tabs are the best looking IMO. They sound great too. Haven't heard the V&H for the Muscle.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
As for color, V&H uses the same company that coats the heat shields so the color is exact. They sound great as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts