Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here.
I have a 07 DX with Power commander and stock exhaust, and i'm looking to change it for something better.

Can you guys tell me which exhaust gives the best performance?

I was looking for the VH indy 2-1 but I heard the power coating suck and the exhaust system is too low on the bike..

so tell me what you think!! Money is no problem!

Thanks!!!!

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,386 Posts
Rinehart 2-1, D+D Fatcat, CFR are all decent pipes with good sound and power.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I really liked my D&D Fatcat. It offers the most ground clearance (of the loud pipes) but was pretty loud too.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
will definitely lose HP with Toxic pipes. They look BAD AZZ, but you will lose power.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
V-Modded stock pipes.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I've never seen anything that indicates any aftermarket pipe increases horsepower. Everyone and his brother swear that whatever pipe they have gained them 5 to 10 pony's, not a single one has proven it. Get whatever rings your bell, if it doesn't go fast enough add forced induction.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
there's a complete write up that was performed by Max (the Godfather and founder of this site) reviewing several different exhausts on the same bike on a dyno and the data. It's posted here somewhere & I have a pdf copy on my hard drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never seen anything that indicates any aftermarket pipe increases horsepower. Everyone and his brother swear that whatever pipe they have gained them 5 to 10 pony's, not a single one has proven it. Get whatever rings your bell, if it doesn't go fast enough add forced induction.
I am questioning the comment about zero HP gain with after market pipes. D&D pipes,for example, show additional gain on my 2003 V-ROD. (that is the only proof I have seen for myself) and I can feel the difference.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I am questioning the comment about zero HP gain with after market pipes. D&D pipes,for example, show additional gain on my 2003 V-ROD. (that is the only proof I have seen for myself) and I can feel the difference.
was your bike tested: stock, then stock with tuner, then D&D with tuner?
Or was it just tested stock then D&D with tuner?
A tuner on a stock bike is good for a couple of ponies as well. In all the reviews & data I've combed through over the years, most of the dynos prove that the stock exhaust VModded gives the best HP gain.
Just to reiterate, adding a tuner to a 100% stock bike will give you a couple of HP.

·
Registered
153 Posts
there's a complete write up that was performed by Max (the Godfather and founder of this site) reviewing several different exhausts on the same bike on a dyno and the data. It's posted here somewhere & I have a pdf copy on my hard drive.
i wish somebody wouldpost this list. its like a phantom. always here about it but never see it

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the V&H Competition Series on my 06 Vrscr (stainless steal) with a powercomander III, sounds mean. I'm not sure what I picked up for Horsepower, if any,
I never had a baseline done but the Dyno after install was 110hp.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
This info has been around for years and yes after market exhaust does increase HP.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
This info has been around for years and yes after market exhaust does increase HP.
I'm not trying to be dick (some say it comes naturally to me) but that pipe review is absolutely worthless for performance information. He talks a bit about each pipe, and throws down an hp gain or loss number. How was that number arrived at? How was the testing done? How were environmental factors controlled? What dyno was used, who ran it, and how was a base HP number determined? Where are the dyno sheets from each run? Anyone can throw out a number, and most people do, but without the proper test conditions it's worthless.
The stock bike needs to be tuned. Then you do three pulls and average the results. Install the new pipe, tune, do three pulls again. That has to be repeated for each pipe on the same dyno with the same environmental conditions. Then you can make a reasonably accurate prediction about how the pipe will perform on another bike.

I'm going to say it again, I've never once seen anything that proves any pipe adds even one single horsepower to a V-Rod.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts