Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so every Tuesday night at the Cheeseburger in Paradise in Greenwood, IN is bike night. Every week a winner is chosen by patrons in 3 categories (sport, custom, and open). At the end of the summer all the previous weekly winners are invited back for the end of year competition

Here was this weeks winner in the "custom" category....

I guess crash bars and a windshield qualifies as a custom now...who knew....

I mean no offense if the winner is a member here, but really that bike does not belong in the custom category.

Oh yeah - and the winner of the "sport" category was a Sportster....wtf...

Attachments

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Hey, I see at least 6 items that were not stock... Maybe they were looking at the chick and how custom built she might be???

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL - yeah that could be.

I guess I overlooked the luggage rack, back rest, headlight visor, and seat. Did the 105 anni AW come w/ chrome rear tail lights?

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Don't know about hte lights but check out the passenger peg options...

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
HE did more Customizing of that Shirt when He cut the sleeves off.
Look at that, Sez Harley on Helmet, Shirt, Bike and Shopping bag (apparently She met him there as there is only 1 helmet). Nice little solider wins himself prize. Hopefully its a Gift CArd for More Harley Stuff.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Custom or Customized?

There was an intense thread here a while back about this very thing with all kinds of varied opinions.

IMHO a custom is just that, "custom" , one of one, an OCC one -off, a garage/basement original build, Jesse James one-off, ect., the key word is ONE or at the very least not mass produced.
Then you can have a "customized" bike, a bike with some intense work done her and there, And there are plenty in betweeners. A stocker with some over the counter parts does not qualify as a custom, hardly qualifies for "customized".

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
the passenger peg is stock, my o7AW has them my other half hates them bit two high up for her
look at the pegs, there are 2 make that 2 sets of passenger pegs. one stock and one that sits down by the pivot of the swing arm.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was an intense thread here a while back about this very thing with all kinds of varied opinions.

IMHO a custom is just that, "custom" , one of one, an OCC one -off, a garage/basement original build, Jesse James one-off, ect., the key word is ONE or at the very least not mass produced.
Then you can have a "customized" bike, a bike with some intense work done her and there, And there are plenty in betweeners. A stocker with some over the counter parts does not qualify as a custom, hardly qualifies for "customized".
I agree w/ this statement.

To me a custom needs to be custom or modified frame or a bike that is a complete departure from the original intention of the motorcycle (IE a sport bike turned into a chopper)

A customized bike needs to be more than over-the-counter bolt ons. At the very least it needs to contain parts that were never specifically made for that motorcycle and should include some custom parts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HE did more Customizing of that Shirt when He cut the sleeves off.
Look at that, Sez Harley on Helmet, Shirt, Bike and Shopping bag (apparently She met him there as there is only 1 helmet). Nice little solider wins himself prize. Hopefully its a Gift CArd for More Harley Stuff.
I was looking forward to your response Lux - yes the winners get gift cards to the local Harley establishment.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok - so every Tuesday night at the Cheeseburger in Paradise in Greenwood, IN is bike night. Every week a winner is chosen by patrons in 3 categories (sport, custom, and open). At the end of the summer all the previous weekly winners are invited back for the end of year competition

Here was this weeks winner in the "custom" category....

I guess crash bars and a windshield qualifies as a custom now...who knew....

I mean no offense if the winner is a member here, but really that bike does not belong in the custom category.

Oh yeah - and the winner of the "sport" category was a Sportster....wtf...
We're talking about Greenwood Indiana? Gimme a break, chances are last month the winner was a Huffy....it was sporting a nifty banana seat from a Sting Ray, a sprocket from Webco and bar end tassels...

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,396 Posts
I believe the 105 anniversary bikes were a "Numbered Series" - that would make it custom :angeldev:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
... Nice little solider wins himself prize.
:soapbox:

Once again why does he have to be a Soldier? Nice little drone... Nice little sponger... Nice little H-D hang-around... ect.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
those passenger pegs are made by someone here ,just can remeber who it is ,but i know ive seen em here somewhere ,in black and chrome , and custom my ass ,,looks like itd fit into best stocker imo

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I went to the first vrod-forums rally in 04 and all the bikes all looked the same accept for a couple. In 05 a bunch of Rods showed up as something no one had ever seen before. To me, that was custom! When HD started incorporating our ideas into future year bikes I think that validated our bikes as being custom. My bike... first 250 on a stock swingarm by CFR. HD looked at our bikes and got some ideas; wide tire, larger tanks, better braking systems, the list goes on and on. Most made possible from the members of this forums dedication to vision. Yes HD does read alot of the posts on here. Donald

1 - 20 of 25 Posts