1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two (and a half) sets of tins for the D:

- The blue ones she came with

- an orange set I bought s/h

..as well as a spare 2-tone gloss/matt black airbus cover.

I'd like to change the colour - spray up one or other set, as I'm not really enamoured by either of the two. No fancy/complex paint job, just monochrome gloss or matt single colour. Would have to work with the original wheels - tho maybe I'd go black on the pipes if it helped.

Anybody got any decent pics of single colour 'D's to help inspire/provide food for thought ?

Thx, Alan

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

Matt and chrome are a nice combo.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be an easy one - I used some black liquid-vinyl type removable aerosol on the blue nose-fairing to go with the orange panels. and could do the same with a set of panels.

Have to say though, I've never been overly struck on that shadeon the D. For some reason he big slab of dark mudguard and seat up high above the skinny tyre makes the back look top-heavy. I know that's down to the lines of the bike, but it seems to look worse in matt black :(

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Brushed and cleared or a coloured brushed wrap.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohlins are gone KJ. The spring rates were too low, and the shock was about 1/2" too short, which was eating up a chunk of the already limited ground clearance.

She's now back to just good old HD orange and black - no yellow and gold in sight. Sometimes I think it looks fine - others it bugs me that I have a spare set of blue tins, an additional matt black/red stripe airbox, two of the little side covers, and a gloss black front mudguard - and still haven't got round to creating a set that I like :(

(I also still think the rear passenger pad is pig-ugly btw. Think I need a bike stylist to come round and tell me what to do with the d*mn thing :deal:)

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
:chainsaw:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn Purdy bikes. Willie G really should have got his @ss back into gear somewhere around 5 years ago, shown these upstart 'yoofs' how it could have been done :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts