Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
P.E.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what after-market seats do you guys and gals prefer? I’m looking for something with a little more comfort than the stock seat.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I'm assuming by aftermarket you mean other than stock. If that's the case, I can highly recommend the HD Willie G. Custom. It puts you an inch lower and an inch back. Probably not the best choice for 2 up riding, but neither is the V-Rod for that matter.

John

·
Registered
139 Posts
John,

Thats a cool looking seat but how is it for comfort for the long haul?

I installed the Sundowner seat this weekend and it was the difference I was looking for. Besides the extra butt cushion, it moves you forward an inch or two. Even though I'm 6'2" and could reach my Kuryakin Mini Boards w/no problem, the riding position now takes the strain of the hips and thighs and puts more weight on the front pegs.

Besides the Sundowner, I also added the touring pillion, matching back rest, hard bags, luggage rack and Super Sport Windshield, so the overall profile of the V-Rod is changed.

The Sundowner and touring pillion by itself are wider than stock and changes the ultra sleek mid profile of the V-Rod a bit. A slight concession for comfort IMHO.

Bob in NM

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good looking and comfortable? Now thats a combo I can handle. I will have to get one for crusin.

Does the back pillion come with it?

BW

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm building my own custom seat. Our aircraft interior shop is gonna do the foam and covering work.

I am planning on using the type of foam that relaxes and conforms to your shape. Outa be good.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Mr. King!! Mr. King!!

Can they make one that moves you 1" forward with a BACK REST?

I don't need no silly slot in my seat over here, but a forward seat with some more padding and back rest would sure be NICE!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I am about 5'7" and use the foward position seat. I plan on doing the same thing with my custom seat except looking much sleaker.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Guys...
Got a question concerning the Willie G. seat. I really like the looks and all but I have a slight problem. Does the front of the seat come up to exactly the same location on the aircover as the stock seat? By the pictures it looks like it doesn't. I have a defect in my custom paint job just under the seat lip. If the Willie G. sits back further at the front, I'm out of luck. :(

Zeeman

·
Registered
305 Posts
John,

Thanks for the info. Ya spared me some dollars! #$%&:( You have any recommendations?

Zeeman

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Zeeman said:
John,

Thanks for the info. Ya spared me some dollars! #$%&:( You have any recommendations?

Zeeman
Zee,
Go to the dealer there in LV and just try one out first. They SHOULD let you put it on your bike and see if it covers the blemish. If it does, tell them you wife is getting it for you for Christamas or some other and then order from Hale's/ Chicago HD for the 20% discount! They SHOULD do this for any of their Aftermarket seats they have instock!

Mike

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Hey Zeeman,

I see that you got a nice looking paint job. I am not sure how this would look in combo with the Willy-G seat, ie could look bad with your custom paint job but it may help hide that flaw you are talking about.

--Darin

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I need a seat that moves me back about 1 inch and lower 1inch.I like the willie g but I heard that it moves you closer to the h-bars.I also like the corbin younggun seat.I just don't know how much my arse will be moved.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks Darin,

I did consider the cover but it's just too large...covers too much of the paint job. Think I'll have to go the rubbing compound route.

Zeeman

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
vrodvinny,
The Willie G does NOT move you forward even a millimeter. In combination with the HD Drag bars (V-Rod® Drag Bars are approximately 1" forward and 1" lower, plus we've provided the space for you to tuck the wires inside the bars for a clean front end, giving that custom drag bike appearance. Includes all mounting hardware.) I have found the position perfect.

John

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
As have I,

No truth as to the Willie G. Moving you forward AT ALL. Sweet set-up = Willie G. Seat & Drag Bars.

Mike

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I guess it's the willi G. then.I can get from Chicago HD at $231.and the drag bars for $90.Then i need to get different mirrors that don''t stick out in the air.

Thanks everyone,
Vinny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts