Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

New guy. I have read around here a while and got a lot of help here, since there are very talented guys who likes to help. Has run sportsbike in a lot of years. But due to a back injury, I saddled on to a glider, and the choice was obvious. Have always liked V-rod. Today it was time to replace the rear tire. Has never owned a bike with a strap operation. Have read many threads on the tightening strap. Saw that there was a costly & special software module for this purpose. I found nothing in Sweden, so I bought a better balance fishing on the local fishing shop for 6.75 U.S. dollars. built on it and calibrate it so that you can press 10lb (4.5 kg) It works cleanly. Hope this can help in case someone else does not want to buy expensive original tools.

Best entertainment / Tobias Sweden

Attachments

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Well it may work but the difference is with the actual belt tool {which btw is only $10.00 - $12.00 usd} is you need to push on the belt square....and with your tool I cannot see how that is possible,, if it was me you could re-fab your tool so it's a U shape....then it will probably be way more accurate..........in any event your tool looks like it's well made.......just not sure it's worth the time to mod it for a $5.00 saving...... I will give ya an "A" for effort though!

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
I think that its brilliant! I can't tell if the arm is long enough to span the belt while pulling up next to the swingarm, but if it is......Brilliant!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello! Thanks for the reply. Do not really understand. Is not the idea to have a spring-loaded thing that you can press in the middle of the belt from below, with a pressure of 10lb and have a game on the strap of 6 mm. New to this, hope you understand:) I drive a V Rod 100th unniversary 2003.

Regards / Tobias

Well it may work but the difference is with the actual belt tool {which btw is only $10.00 - $12.00 usd} is you need to push on the belt square....and with your tool I cannot see how that is possible,, if it was me you could re-fab your tool so it's a U shape....then it will probably be way more accurate..........in any event your tool looks like it's well made.......just not sure it's worth the time to mod it for a $5.00 saving...... I will give ya an "A" for effort though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts