Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I cannot begin to tell you how valuable everyone's insight is on this site. What I need to know is if I put on a 28 tooth sprocket, how & exactly where are the belt tensions adjustments. Are they on both sides of the axel? Do I have to lossen them both & does the bike have to be on a lift to do so?

I am contemplating Harley putting on thier kit, But as the almighty & Wise MAX has stated, I like riding highways myself, so if it's easier to swtich the sprockets I would rather buy the TT. Also Does the Belt if Purchased go on with out takening everything apart?

I can't thank you brothers enough for all the knowledge!

JOHNNY ROGGIO - 2002 VRSCA
SECAUCUS, NJ 07094

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Johnny the rear axle is a solid axle with a nut on the right side, when you loosen it both sides will move with cams when you turn the left side. It is best to do this on a lift but it might be possible on the ground I just never tried it that way. The stock lower belt guard has the tension marks set into it so if you have one you can put it on if you don't have any other way to gage belt tension. A belt can be changed on the v-rod with a simple loosening of the rear axle and removal of belt guards and sprocket cover.

Max

·
Registered
154 Posts
i got the hd kit. i love it. i really notice the low end but the high end is not as noticable. remember, the 2004 models have the 28 tooth pulley and i have not ever heard of anyone who owns an 04 going to a 30 tooth pulley.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts