Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I'm not a vrod owner but i came here in hopes of an answer because the belt question i have would be best answered by those with bikes that have some serious power and a belt drive. I have a triumph which also has a belt. in fact, the only one that does. The person who does my work also works on many other brands and is considered a world class mechanic with his own shop. He told me to expect a max of 30k on the belt and that this is the case generally with any belt drive. when i asked why harleys can go 100k or close as many seem to suggest they have, he said thats because they don't have as much power and torque. But he obviously wasn't talking about the vrod. So i've come to think he's wrong about this, but at the same time aside from the Vrod there aren't many belt driven bikes with as much torque as mine at least, and most w/o as much power. So being the Vrod does have a ton of power i thought you guys could answer my question which is simply, how many miles should i get MINIMUM out of a belt? It's Gates too, so theres not difference there, although i should even have an advantage because the pulley have a new coating gates developed for this bike in conjunction with triumph and supposedly can l;ast as much as 5 times as long. So if anything i should get a lot more than 30k. But what do you guys get? anyone ever need a belt as low as 30? How far have some of you gone before replacing them? thanks.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
well I think if you ragging on it all the time or launching off the line 10 times per day you might only get 30k out of it but if you only do this the odd time I would think it will easy last 50 to 70k...... personally my belt only has 8100 miles on it so I can't say much on that..... but many here have big time miles on there V-Rod and I'm sure will give their thoughts on this.....I think your worrying for nothing :D

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
I have 85K on my 2007 with no signs of serious wear but I am not an aggressive rider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess we should define aggressive rider, but i assume you DO ride hard here and there otherwise theres not much sense in a bike the the Vrod, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts