Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride to day .I did about 80 miles it was hotter than hell around a 108 .When I was backing my bike into the garage the belt started making a binding noise .I felt the belt when rolling it back wards and it felt like there was a binding in it ?.Any insight would be appreciated thanks in advance all

·
Registered
178 Posts
1badnightrod said:
I went for a ride to day .I did about 80 miles it was hotter than hell around a 108 .When I was backing my bike into the garage the belt started making a binding noise .I felt the belt when rolling it back wards and it felt like there was a binding in it ?.Any insight would be appreciated thanks in advance all
Hey 1badnightrider, My belt noise turned out to be the front sprocket was worn out. I had replaced the stock one with a race 28 tooth (aluminum) one. just my issue. mjg:vrod: :rj:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Don't back it up, it was designed to go forward. LOL

I have heard that the belt is not like a chain and it will tighten under stress. Hard launches will cause the belt to tighten up. You may need to adjust it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha Ha,Thanks panman I'm going to get into it tomorrow and see if I cant find the issue .I just hit 3400 miles so I hope nothing wore out yet but will see

·
Registered
251 Posts
Perhaps it is a slight alignment issue in the rear tire? Mine does the same thing when backing up but I don't notice it going forward. I've checked the clearance on the rear sprocket and it tracks straight going forward but going backwards for some reason the belt tracks left and rubs the edge of the rear sprocket channel at one point on the belt. Not sure why. If yours rubs more than in one place (ie it rubs the entire time you are going backwards) it may be an alignment issue.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
95% of the time it's belt tension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts