Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been working with Guy at Tiger Racing on some belt guards for the V-Rod. This is the first proto type that Guy has come up with. He is currently making changes and need your feed back as to what you would want for a belt guard. The first one is a little long and will be shorter with the flames starting at the shock. He is also designing another one that will be sleeker and a more race looking style.
Any feedback is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I agree that guard should be shorter, but I can see that it could be a kick ass belt guard :thumb:

and Guy if your reading this, thanks a bunch for giving the Vrod a shot!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Here's what jumped out at me...

1: I think the first and main problem is that it covers up a portion of the bike (rear tire/rim) that many people spend lots of money enhancing and trying to expose. This might take the focus off that.

2: Too big and chunky. It takes away from the clean lines of the bike

3: The top flames should be flowing up or straight back.

4: Probably better luck with a chrome something or other just because lots of people are like spanish mackeral and just like shiny things

5: Keep the terminating points of the flames away from other parts of the flame, because then it just looks like a hole. Also, try not to make too many flames coming off one part, it kinda starts to look like a chunk at that point

I'd be interested in seeing the shortened version. You have a unique idea, so hopefully some of that feed back helps

Peyton

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Its different looking, but anyone that has a custom rim with matching pulley, certainly wont want to cover it up with an extend belt guard. I like your concept though.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
First of all, thanks for developing for the V-rod. The effort you put into this is appreciated. IMHO when it comes to the belt guard, less is more.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
pday said:
Couldn't agree more. Appreciate the effort, but it's a bit too gaudy for my taste.

Hate to say it but :them: . Sorry A+++ for effort, think you might need to go back to the drawing board.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
DTHDOC said:
First of all, thanks for developing for the V-rod. The effort you put into this is appreciated. IMHO when it comes to the belt guard, less is more.

Nail on the head, less is more when it comes to the belt guard.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
SawDawg said:
I have been working with Guy at Tiger Racing on some belt guards for the V-Rod. This is the first proto type that Guy has come up with. He is currently making changes and need your feed back as to what you would want for a belt guard. The first one is a little long and will be shorter with the flames starting at the shock. He is also designing another one that will be sleeker and a more race looking style.
Any feedback is much appreciated.
I think it will look much much better with the flames starting at the shock and then go out alittle and round back down to the lower shock bolt.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
"Belt Guards Gone Wild!"

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'd vote for keeping the flames more in the body of the belt guard rather than extending it. I visualize the HD chrome guard with a flame design cut into it...then if a curved vertical license plate holder was incorporated at the back, I'd send a check! Gotta be chrome.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Not my cup of tea. I would prefer a skeletonized guard with the flames utilized in the body of the guard. The flames would be the holes in the guard.

Mike

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Here is a point to consider. People want to remove the belt guard completly. Why? Because it covers stuff. The bike looks badass with the big pulley and belt exposed.

Problem...most places require a belt guard and it is not safe for passengers.

Try to design something that has the minimum amount of material without sacraficing strength and protection.

Bottom line, remove as much material as possible. Stealth is the key.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Excellent feedback, my first try at a VROD guard. I have CAD a sleeker version and will make the prototype this week and then send to SawDawg for fitting. I agree, my first attempt wasn't pretty, but I'll keep trying until we get it right. It's no use making something no one will buy.

Guy
Tiger Racing

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guy, I was very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the first prototype.
I can't wait to see the next one.
Fellow fourm members, these belt guards will be the "cats ass" when Guy gets the design down. So, keep the feedback comming. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts