Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help with Belt Guard Surgery

Here are some shots of the lower belt guard. Where is trimming required to allow proper clearance for a 200 Metz? (some high tech John Madden-like circles would be helpful)

If by chance you need to cut the metal, how/what was used to prevent messing up the chrome surfaces that are visible when mounted?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ricky G. said:
Good Job ...... :thumb: :thumb:
??? These are picture BEFORE the required trim....but I'm glad you like them. :cheers:

So can someone illustrate where I need to trim the lower belt guard for the 200 Metz? :helpme:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Chris does it rub the tire I have seen a post where some people said there lower guard didn't rub. I haven't done this mod yet but with the stock tire you can put your fingers between the tire and guard and tell where it might rub. I would say use a fine grinder bit to take alittle off at a time. :barf:

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
runit1971 said:
Chris does it rub the tire I have seen a post where some people said there lower guard didn't rub. I haven't done this mod yet but with the stock tire you can put your fingers between the tire and guard and tell where it might rub. I would say use a fine grinder bit to take alittle off at a time. :barf:
I've read about it both as a problem and not, but want to do it on the chance it needs it, that way I can just mount the guard and be done with it.
Plus the illustration (once someone does some photoshop action) may help others down the line.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Chris, it was my upper belt guard that caused the problem for my 200. Maybe it would be good to try mount the guards with the tire first and then decide which one needs the work.

My dealer wouldn't touch it - they've had bad experiences with chrome damage from similar things in the past. ChopperSteve did it for me instead with no hassles. Maybe you could give them a call?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts