Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Southern Comfort
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few guys that are always calling me wanting me to go ride with them then when I show up they want me to race somebody. Today they called me b/c one of their brothers just bought a Warrior with a Stage IV kit or something like that and they wanted to see if the V-rod could beat him. Well we went on a ride and right off the bat the guy on Warrior starts showing off. I let him clown around for a bit before I showed him what the D could do. To make a long story short when we finished the ride he didn't even stop with the rest of us to shoot the bull. He just drove by and didn't even wave. Man I thought Warriors were supposed to be tough??? It wasn't even a competition.... The V-rod completely beheaded the Warrior!!!!:karate

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is great about the Warrior.

I went out with a couple of sport bikes yesterday. The 1000cc CBR Honda destroyed me. Those sport bikes are just so much better on curves and have so much more kick. He said his bike at 157 HP and weights 300ish lbs. That is crazy.

I tried to keep up but I scratched the hell out of my CFR exhaust on a curve. I just can't go any lower on a VRSCA.

·
Southern Comfort
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those liter bikes are just plain crazy! Can't say that I would've raced him... I got this problem about getting my arse handed to me lol

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I guess the race looked something like this...

·
Southern Comfort
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah kinda like that...but the bike you would see is the v-rod if you looked back /..\ way back then you could take another pic of the warrior!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a Warrior before my Vrod and the Warrior had some serious low end torque but the Vrod would kick it's @ss if you got over 30mph. The thing I liked about the Warrior was that the only thing I ever scraped on it was the bottom of the foot peg, that thing could corner SO much better than the Vrod. I drag my pipes all the time now.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
my brother has a warrior and we ride together quite a bit, at a stand still start he'll sometimes have a small lead for about a second and then it's all over for him.

the warrior does really have some take off power but not much past that, it is still a very nice bike IMHO
here's an older picture of my V and my brother's warrior :thumb:

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
I use to have one of those CBR's and they are about 400ish to be correct I did have a GSXR 1000 before the V rod and I would put that thing against anything. Just the insane amount of HP that they put out.

·
MISSISSIPPI KID
1,352 Posts
It Looks Good!

I have a couple buddy's that ride Warriors and Bandits. I was able to take the warrior 2 out of 3 times, but the 1200cc Bandit would take me through the 1/4 mile. After I got the Trask turbo that story changed drastically! I have run with lots of liter bikes and with the piping of the turbo I never have to worry about scraping. In fact, the turbo vrod has proven to be ideal for the street racing scene because of the always available power and added clearance. Jeb:moped:

·
Southern Comfort
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JEBSTER50 said:
I have a couple buddy's that ride Warriors and Bandits. I was able to take the warrior 2 out of 3 times, but the 1200cc Bandit would take me through the 1/4 mile. After I got the Trask turbo that story changed drastically! I have run with lots of liter bikes and with the piping of the turbo I never have to worry about scraping. In fact, the turbo vrod has proven to be ideal for the street racing scene because of the always available power and added clearance. Jeb:moped:
Its hard to believe that the Warrior beat you even once??? I totally spanked his :spank: It wasn't even close? Was your buddy running nos or something?

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
toy_collector said:
I had a Warrior before my Vrod and the Warrior had some serious low end torque but the Vrod would kick it's @ss if you got over 30mph. The thing I liked about the Warrior was that the only thing I ever scraped on it was the bottom of the foot peg, that thing could corner SO much better than the Vrod. I drag my pipes all the time now.
I would be willing to bet that a Warrior won't handle near as well as my V-Rod!!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
viostorm said:
That is great about the Warrior.

I went out with a couple of sport bikes yesterday. The 1000cc CBR Honda destroyed me. Those sport bikes are just so much better on curves and have so much more kick. He said his bike at 157 HP and weights 300ish lbs. That is crazy.

I tried to keep up but I scratched the hell out of my CFR exhaust on a curve. I just can't go any lower on a VRSCA.
SHHHHHHH you dont want those "R" boys comming in here do you? The only small advantage they have is leanability, Everything else about it is Terrible.:hidesbeh:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
viostorm said:
thats my story too!!!!! I can rub the sides off the tires on this AW if it would let me... I grab pegs on the left and pipes on the right!! drives me crazy

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Fatboy2V-rod said:
rrrrrrgh!:chair:
Come on now, they are like having obese guys on crack hanging around the table and when your food shows up they start competions no one wants to take part in "Hey I betcha I can fit that whole Chimiganga in my mouth I bettcha I betcha come on lets race I betcha come on". " No thanks would just like to sit back and enjoy my meal, be comfortable and take my time."
"Yeah well thats cuz your jealous of my Gut and mouth is different than yours thats all". "Yeah thats it" "It IS, this what REAL GUTS and MOUTHS are suppose to look like"

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
thats my story too!!!!! I can rub the sides off the tires on this AW if it would let me... I grab pegs on the left and pipes on the right!! drives me crazy
I've neveR had that pRoblem:stilpoke: :D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
TheeRod said:
I've never had that problem:stilpoke: :D
yeah i imagine not with an R!!..LOL

but i have a 240 rear stock :stilpoke:

·
Registered
494 Posts
luxlamf said:
SHHHHHHH you dont want those "R" boys comming in here do you? The only small advantage they have is leanability, Everything else about it is Terrible.:hidesbeh:
You are a big, bad trouble maker, speaking falshoods like that! You know you are . . . :spank:

Hey, bye the way, we're already here:
streetrodder06 said:
I would be willing to bet that a Warrior won't handle near as well as my V-Rod!!!

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
Just bustin chops. I'll still be Replacing the original pipes because they get in my way and loweRing it just a tad.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts