Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all my summer toys I think I need about 8 battery tenders to keep everything charged over the winter. Anyone got some working used ones lying around that they don't need? I am dreading spending $25-30/each for new ones on ebay or similar. Unless someone has a cheaper alternative. I have about 6 batteries for various boats and 2 PWC batteries and right now one tender that I have on the v-rod. Anyone know alternatively if it would be OK to just buy about half of them and rotate every week or two?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Absolutely yes on the rotating. You can prolly get away with only 2. You will notice after the first charge when rotating they come up really quick the next time you rotate them on. Get extra harnesses to leave on each vehicle and it will be easy peasy swpping them around.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
about a year ago Amazon.com had the 4 and 2 bank tenders on clearance. I picked up a two bank for $65 (now $95). I keep my Lincoln & VRod on the tender 24/7/365. I have a battery tender Jr. that I slap on the wife-mobile once or twice a month.
Rotating works out pretty well, the Lincoln is a 2000 and still has the original battery as does the '03 Mountaineer and the '07VRSCAW. All three vehicles have alarms which contributes to battery drain.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Lol, yeah that's the kind of money I'm looking to avoid - I bought used toys for a reason :)
I had the extra money for a 5 bank unit, but at $100/bank it just did not make fiscal sense. A tender jr. is $40 per at worst case scenario, which makes five units only $200. Yeah it's not all nice and purdy, but purdy don't pay my bills...yet
Just rotate them. When the light turns green move it to the next one, and just keep doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i bought walmarts version , and it was cheaper than the real battery tender jr

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Harbor Freight: $7-$10. Mine is +15 years old, and still works great. I have a store local to me, but they ship too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts