Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I love my V!!!
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Battery Tender and want to know how everyone else wired thiers?

I was thinking of running it down the frame and hiding the plug behind the radiator but I don't like the idea of plastic ties holding it to the frame. FUGLY!

If you got pics post them too!

Thanks

Andrew

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
What are the advantages of having a battery tender? If I ride year round, do I need one?

·
MARK
644 Posts
I ran my wire along side the air box on the right side it drops down by the vertical water hose. when not in use it stays tucked up between frame and air box

no need for a battery tender if you ride all year. its good if you bike sits in the cold for more than two weeks
I ride all year as long as there is no salt on the roads

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ran mine forward to the left side of the steering head. It's easily accessed and hidden from view in most cases.

-Bry

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Hold on a sec. I thought you did not have to install the plug as it is already on the bike. I have a plug on the left side already. Came with the bike. It was my understanding you could just plug the tender into that.???

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
One of these days I gotta take a look under that left side cover.... I think that plug is switched.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
WORM said:
I would not use that plug for the tender
you want one that hooks directly to the battery
I thought that plug went to the battery? Where and/or what is it for otherwise?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I've heard it is good for accessories, like heated gloves, etc.

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
I have the Battery Tender cord permanently connected to the battery. When I'm riding I have the cord tucked into the area where the battery is. When I'm not riding I pull the cord out and connect the tender to it.

While I ride year round, I've noted how strong the battery is when I start the bike, having it on the tender in between rides. Good move getting the tender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts