Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpme: Got one and its not a problem putting on, but where is the best place to hide the terminal?? I want east access, but don't want it to be seen.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I ran mine down the left downtube. There are other cables/wires here so it blends in nicely and you can tuck it behind the other cables when not using it. It's still easy to get access to. Attached is a pic - sorry the clarity isn't the best

Attachments

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
I ran mine down the right side (similar to fehrc). It is between the frame and the right radiator shroud. When I'm riding, I can push the free end up and tuck it behind the lip of the radiator shroud (back side of the radiator), keeping it hidden and out of the way. Works great so far!

Just consider where you park your bike and which side you need it to be on for easiest access.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Craig it is so hard to tell the location by your picture, every time I look directly at the picture I find myself seeing spots from the reflection of all that chrome. :)

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
She was pretty shiny when I took those pics - probably the cleanest I'll ever see my bike again! ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
fehrc, I like the hiway pegs mounted to the frame. Which ones are they and how are they attached? How do they work out? Thanks JF

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
My 04 came with a harness already installed, I just routed it over top of the regulator. I pull it out a little to plug it in and push it back in when it's not on the tender. its pretty much invisible there. :vrod:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
JF, I had them custom made my a machinest I know. He made the actual peg mount that attaches to the frame and then I bought the reduced reach controls to go in this mount and to attach the footpegs to.

Check out this entire thread for some more details.
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1069&page=1&highlight=highway+pegs

Another forum member is seriously interested in getting a set made for himself. Therefore, it's just as easy to do others if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Craig, The pegs are something I am definately looking for. I am not into the crash bars either. Was wondering what the total cost was to have the part made and chromed. Was also wondering how it attaches. Are you using the original frame bolt, or is it replaced with something longer? I would probably want to attach a different peg to match my Kuryakyn switchblade and passenger floorboards, that seems like it won't be a problem. Thanks JF

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
It cost me $350 for the peg mount and about $75 for chroming. My setup also uses the reduced reach controls, which are about $130. Then there's the footpegs. All in I was at about $600 I think.

I did have to buy a bit longer frame bolt - only about 1" longer from what I recall. I simply bought this from a bolt supply store. You can use any footpegs you want, as long as they are a male mount style - the reduced reach control accepts male mount pegs. I guess you could also use the chrome footpeg mounting kit (part number 50809-02A) instead of the reduced reach controls. It's just a matter of preference.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
High Performance
276 Posts
qcwiz said:
:helpme: Got one and its not a problem putting on, but where is the best place to hide the terminal?? I want east access, but don't want it to be seen.
I routed mine to under the seat, in some split tubing. I tuck it under the rubber flap around the gas tank opening. Totally invisible.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Jeff said:
I routed mine to under the seat, in some split tubing. I tuck it under the rubber flap around the gas tank opening. Totally invisible.
That's where I put mine and this way it's easy to plug in the heated clothes as well :thumb:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Got mine under the seat too, by way of the area next to the air filter housing. Can pull it out from under the seat also so I can hook into it while riding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts