Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fenrir Rider
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies for posting a new thread but I absolutely can NOT find the walk-though I read some time ago about battery removal. I clicked a link for a battery removal walk-though, and got how to add a battery tender... My battery is completely dead, and my new one is here. I know there was some fairly more-technical-than-I'm-used-to steps on replacing my battery due to it's position, so I was hoping to read that quick before I head down and start tearing shit out... Thanks for any assistance.

D

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Fenrir Rider
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes, thank you. Yeah I found that first link, but wasn't what I was looking for. That second link is the one I read a long while ago that I wanted to reference, thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a used 2007 with no user manual. I'm guessing my problem is the battery since the spedo display flashes and will not restart after a ride. Only after a few hour rest will things go back to normal and the bike starts. I would like to know how to change the battery without destroying something. If anyone else has had this problem and thinks I'm going the wrong rout please let me know.

·
Wick
546 Posts
I purchased a used 2007 with no user manual. I'm guessing my problem is the battery since the spedo display flashes and will not restart after a ride. Only after a few hour rest will things go back to normal and the bike starts. I would like to know how to change the battery without destroying something. If anyone else has had this problem and thinks I'm going the wrong rout please let me know.
I would say if it was your battery it would be more likely to start after a ride and not start a few hours later. Put it this way if it was your battery it wouldnt improve by leaving it sitting, I think your problem would be something else.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
:them:

Check codes, battery terminals and grounds before doing any real work?

Also check the ECM / fueller / security system plugs. Bit of a long shot but only takes one second to check. I managed to create a bike that intermittently just flashed and wouldn't start that way once...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response. I tightened the battery terminals and did not see any loose connections so I'm hoping this takes care of it. The sad thing is I just bought this bike and I'm now concerned about driving it and getting stranded somewhere.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I've just changed the battery and, at the same time, the plugs.

It was about as much fun as swimming through a lake of goat's vomit.

A tips 'n traps article follows shortly, when I'm sure I haven't csrewed up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My apologies for posting a new thread but I absolutely can NOT find the walk-though I read some time ago about battery removal. I clicked a link for a battery removal walk-though, and got how to add a battery tender... My battery is completely dead, and my new one is here. I know there was some fairly more-technical-than-I'm-used-to steps on replacing my battery due to it's position, so I was hoping to read that quick before I head down and start tearing shit out... Thanks for any assistance.

D
D - Where did you get your battery from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts