Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my muscle in the garage for two days in the on position. How am I supposed to jump it? I have car and jumper cables.. Dont want to mess anything up.. And how do you get good access to the battery on the muscle??

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'd remove the battery and charge it before I'd try to jump the bike with the battery in it.

You'll need a real battery charger, not just a Tender, though.
If you don't have one take it to a shop that does.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I left my AW on for a few hours and killed the battery a while back. I ended up just putting it on the trickle charger over night and all is well. In order to get to the battery on my bike you have to take the air box cover off but I'm not sure what you have to do on the muscle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i need to know how to get access to the battery, then i can get a trickle charger!! THANKS!!!any one know how to get to the battery??

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bike was delivered, new with the battery dead. Federal shipping and the dealer didn't make sure security system was in travel mode. Dissapointing to have to wait to try out your new bike.

But anyway, just take off the airbox cover. You will have ample room to get to the battery with a trickle charger. A few hours with a 1 AMP trickle charge...set on the 12 Volt setting and it was good to go.

*Oh, and I've heard you don't want to jump start a smaller bike battery with a car engine/battery. It could possibly do some damage.*

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: and as long as you're at it, add the battery tender lead to the battery

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
*Oh, and I've heard you don't want to jump start a smaller bike battery with a car engine/battery. It could possibly do some damage.*
I've jumped bikes with a car battery. Just make sure that the car is NOT running at the time you're doing it!:moped:

·
Registered
117 Posts
:them:
+1 on not having the car running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts