Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking everywhere but I cannot find brackets to install a batwing on a vrod. I know it has been done but I dont want to make them. And I want them for a stock batwing not aftermarket.

also how about brackets to install stock touring hardbags? Thanks.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
rspencer1218 said:
calling Daniii to the bagger section, Daniii to the bagger section.
Or Rowland... wasn't he the co-designer?

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Daniii? Where are you? Paging Daniii.

Dang, this thread is already 30 minutes old without Daniii jumping on it. Someone check on him quick, I'll get the defibrillator.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I'm here!!! I found out that one can use the clamps from the old style touring windshield to mount a KenDay fairing with their RG brackets by extending the bolt. I guess that means any batwing with roadglide windshield brackets can be used. I made my own, as did at least one other member.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Daniii said:
I'm here!!! I found out that one can use the clamps from the old style touring windshield to mount a KenDay fairing with their RG brackets by extending the bolt. I guess that means any batwing with roadglide windshield brackets can be used. I made my own, as did at least one other member.
I scrapped the idea when I experienced some nasty wobble at 70 mph. I would need to lower the fairing and lean it further back, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

I will one day, but it's lost priority, for now.

RJ

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is anyone on this forum not in texas? I guess I know what you are talking about but maybe Ill have to see it in person. lookiing at your pic it looks like it is fork mounted but the rg is frame so that is confusing me. also does the fairing look just like a stock h-d unit?

how about those hard bags? any idea on those?

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
exterminator said:
is anyone on this forum not in texas? I guess I know what you are talking about but maybe Ill have to see it in person. lookiing at your pic it looks like it is fork mounted but the rg is frame so that is confusing me. also does the fairing look just like a stock h-d unit?

Holy Cow...you are in Frisco?!?!

We are in Frisco.

You didn't happen to be at La Fitness the other night did you!?!? LOL....we saw a VROD there. Wait, it was a DX- so maybe I should check your profile to see what you have.

Anyway, care to meet up at a Two Wheel Tuesday one night, and see Daniii's bike in person?!? Plus the rest of ours?!?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
exterminator said:

Here is the link to my How-To.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044&highlight=batwing

Its fork mounted (I meant RK - Road King, not Glide - sorry for the confusion) The Kenday is a bit narrrower than the HD (which is perfect for a V-Rod), and can use the HD Bra (with a little modification). There is a fairing from Corbin that looks interesting, in another thread.
The stock HD batwing is thick, and mounts a bit forward. RJ experienced some wing shake with it there. I'm thing the areodynamic center of gravity (if there is such a thing) needs to be behind the front forks. To mount the HD fairing, you'll have to lose the instrument cluster to get it far enough back. Then, of course, it wouldn't be removable.
The HD hard bags from the big bikes have a different shock angle than the V-Rod. Cyclevision sells ones that look stock, but clear the V-Rod shocks (using stock HD top hardware I believe).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
currently i do dont own a bike. i am still trying to decide which bike to get so i want to get the most info before buying. its between a dx, street glide(which may be too slow for me) and a concours 14.

we just moved to texas from milwaukee. we just bought a house in greyhawk community. you wont catch me at a fitness place. too lazy.

thanks for the info.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
exterminator said:
currently i do dont own a bike. i am still trying to decide which bike to get so i want to get the most info before buying. its between a dx, street glide(which may be too slow for me) and a concours 14.

we just moved to texas from milwaukee. we just bought a house in greyhawk community. you wont catch me at a fitness place. too lazy.

thanks for the info.
You live down the street from where I work. I work for Meritage Homes. We build homes in Greyhawk, too! I actually work down Eldorado...across preston in a subdivision called Panther Creek Estates. Interesting!

Let us know when you get a bike, so you can meet up with the group!

·
Registered
196 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Holy Cow...you are in Frisco?!?!

Anyway, care to meet up at a Two Wheel Tuesday one night, and see Daniii's bike in person?!? Plus the rest of ours?!?

You should defiantly come to a TWT Two Wheel Tuesday. You would be able to see a lot of different V-Rods with mods on them. Plus you could meet a bunch of crazy people. Sorry I know I'm :eek:fftopic: off topic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the house we bought is a meritage home. pretty nice place. itll do for now. i dont know how long we will be here. the wife is missing home pretty bad.

what is 2 wheel tuesday and where is it?

i sent an e-mail to san diego h-d about that bike they did but never received an answer. that is the bike id buy right now if they were selling them. the "street rod" is the perfect balance between touring and cruzing. the concours 14 sill has more sport but the v-rod has more style.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
For my Ken Day "batwing" I made brackets that bolt to the old style touring windshield clamps. I had a friend of mine re-paint it to match the candy blue used in my skinz. I can easily switch bewteen the touring windshield and the batwing if needed, since the clamps remain in same position on forks. The only issue I have noticed is the batwing does catch wind gusts more than touring windshield but nothing that makes it any worse to drive. I heard that the fairing on the wide-glides and ultra's do the same thing.

just my .02

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
If I where you I would hold off cause I think something is coming out soon from HD that might interest u, do a search for vrscf! HAHA

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Quit teasing and show us something dammit! I can't fine anything but specualtion searching for VRSCF or VRSCFA.:whack:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts