Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! any idea about where can I find that part (51156-06) or better yet the whole baseplate+sissy bar and backrest+luggage rack for my 2006 streetrod?

new on the site and with the bike, help really appreciated!

JM

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
hello everyone! any idea about where can I find that part (51156-06) or better yet the whole baseplate+sissy bar and backrest+luggage rack for my 2006 streetrod?

new on the site and with the bike, help really appreciated!

JM
One here. It's located in Spain, but being how rare these are, possibly worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Coastrider- that link didn’t seem to work for me, just an error page. And it’s all in Spanish lol! 🤣
Hi, link is good, opens fine. Maybe some restriction from US. Yes the advert is all in Spanish also as it's Spanish Buy/sell site! 😃
It's for a brand new one unused complete with screws and gasket and the price is 160 euros.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the site and to the bike- You’re going to love it!
thanks a lot for the reply and warm welcome! I'm sure I'll love it (still waiting for delivery) The V rod is the only Harley I would consider and as far as I'm not a fan of the forward controls, The VRSCR was basically my only option due to the stock mid-controls, hoping that the QUEST that is trying to find basically everything for it won't plant a shadow on my experience wit mine. Stay in touch!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well.... I ended up with 2 baseplates!!! the one you suggested from spain and other from a fellow forum user, so I'm posting one for sell so maybe other person can have this very hard to find part for the VRSCR

I listed it on ebay:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.... I ended up with 2 baseplates!!! the one you suggested from spain and other from a fellow forum user, so I'm posting one for sell so maybe other person can have this very hard to find part for the VRSCR

I listed it on ebay:

SOLD!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking for a baseplate 51156-06. Anyone else have one or know a place I can purchase? These things are like finding unicorns.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am also looking for a baseplate 51156-06. Anyone else have one or know a place I can purchase? These things are like finding unicorns.
Welcome to the forum and to the fascinating game of detective-archeology-VRSCR accessories finding quest!

For me, the "R" is undoubtedly the best handling, performing, balanced, complete and reliable, (semi) mass produced Harley to date. (let's see how the new Revo-Max goes... hopefully won't as the Boeing 737-MAX did, LOL!!!), BUTTTTT, you'll need TONS of patience, dedication (or Money) to accessorize yours to your own taste and preferences.

Eventually you'll get almost every part you may need either on eBay or in this very helpful forum (I can suggest visiting eBay sites in Europe and/or UK as the Street rod was much more popular overseas and not everyone post their parts globally)

If you can't wait and may be willing to pay double or triple the original price for unicorn parts, you can go to Jan Willem Boon - Obsolete New Old Stock parts for your Harley-Davidson motorcycle and American made replacement parts This guy bought I think all the remaining HD obsolete parts inventory and literally you can find there almost everything you can't find around the world.

The catch? beside the over, over, over inflated pricing, the guy WON'T ship outside Europe, so you may pay him in Euros, get a Friend to receive the part for you in the EU and then make it go to your door via Fedex, DHL or any other courrier, with the added shipping/taxes costs. I had to go though this for my engine guard, so I can tell the story first hand.

The baseplate isn't really a Unicorn to be honest. You have hope, don't despair!...Isn't any easy to find but eventually will pop up, but the engine guard???? that's not just a unicorn, it is a golden genetically engineered, mars born and raised, luminescent Chernobyl survivor hybrid of a Unicorn and a Tasmanian devil!!!!!

You can suscribe to one of the many Facebook V-rod owners group and the market place. I found a couple of rare accessories there and usually people is very reasonable about pricing there.

Good luck and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts