Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here so I apologise if this subject has been beat to death. Just got a 2006 VRSCSE. I am looking for a base plate so can put sissy bar on. I have discovered that they are non existant. Would it be possible to use the baseplate that works on the 2007 VRSC?

My HD dealer could not give me an answer. I read in another thread where someone used a 2005 one and modified it with spacers, black foam etc. to make it work.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
the answer to the 07 is no, I tried it. Some have mounted the older one to the 06 but I am not sure about the fit and finish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. So do I have any options to put a sissy bar on this bike or am I just screwed? I wanted the sissy bar primarily so I could strap a bag to it. I really didn't want to but saddlebags but I would like some storage for at least some rain gear or a jacket.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I am not sure saddle bags are even available with the SE rear fender, the under fender brackets are different. I scoured the earth for one, years ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, so I finally got all the parts in and the sissy bar and seat combo works great on the 06 screamin eagle v rod, here are the part numbers I used
Base plate 51120-01a
Sissy bar 51126-01a
chrome luggage rack 51119-01a
back rest pad 52748-02
you really only need 2 - 3/8'' spacers and 2 longer bolts for the front 2 bolt holes in the base plate, as far as making another plate for the slot in the seat, I didnt I just bent the tab on the seat up just a small bit and it worked perfect and actually pulls the seat down snug in the back. The only problem, which to me is not really a problem is a gap on the very front of the base plate but when the sun downer seat is on it hides this gap ( see pics )
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are the pictures? Did you use any foam under the plate and if so, is it just foam or is it some special stuff that I should look for?

·
Registered
44 Posts
In this area go back to the thread beating a dead horse scroll down and I posted pics there. the base plate comes with foam to go between it and the fender, no other foam is really necessary. My wife and I ride all the time using it now and she loves it.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
I did this on my bike too (used a pre '07 non-SE baseplate). It does not look perfect since I don't have a stock fender but I wanted it to be able to put a backrest for when my wife or kids are on the back. For that, it works well. The imperfect look doesn't bother me either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used the '05 baseplate and spacers etc as you all recommended. It worked great. Thanks a lot for all of the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was right there a couple of posts up!

Ok, so I finally got all the parts in and the sissy bar and seat combo works great on the 06 screamin eagle v rod, here are the part numbers I used
Base plate 51120-01a
Sissy bar 51126-01a
chrome luggage rack 51119-01a
back rest pad 52748-02
you really only need 2 - 3/8'' spacers and 2 longer bolts for the front 2 bolt holes in the base plate, as far as making another plate for the slot in the seat, I didnt I just bent the tab on the seat up just a small bit and it worked perfect and actually pulls the seat down snug in the back. The only problem, which to me is not really a problem is a gap on the very front of the base plate but when the sun downer seat is on it hides this gap ( see pics )
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to do this setup (see attached picture)? I really like this subtle setup and wouldnt mind 'making it fit'.
Anyone else like the tiny backrest and a way cooler rack?
Im really only interested in the rack I guess, for strapping a bag to.
But, personally, I am not to fond of the normal one everybody uses. Thoughts?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
I don't see anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts