Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have the 06 d plate. if u have the 240 rear dx than u have to use a different plate. also i have the mini sport sissy bar. will not work on the larger plates

·
24 Posts
BJKELLEY said:
will any base plate fit on a 07D?
Placed my overseas order on HD part #51138-07 (Chrome, Fits '07-later VRSCAW, VRSCDX and VRSCX models) for some two weeks ago...

// b

·
Dominus Violatus
208 Posts
BJKELLEY said:
will any base plate fit on a 07D?
Nope. The parts catalog lists chrome and gloss black options but the only part# I could find on line was for the chrome: 51120-07 Chrome

According to my local dealership its on backorder so Good luck!

·
Registered
223 Posts
It shows in the catalog, it says 04-06 in Black or Chrome... and for the 07 its "CHROME only" with a different part number. I said whatever and ordered it... When it came in 2 days later it was BLACK, went to see if it was the correct size, and it bolted right up! I guess I either got lucky, or someone screwed up. I know that the Parts Catalog says the 06 Baseplates will not fit on an 07 just like the Seats, which have different mounting locations (learned that the hard way when they ordered 06 A Seats for my 07 D) IMHO I think they sent me one for an 06, but whatever it works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts