Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since my caliber exhausts are temperary deinstalled due to bracket problems (new one are made by a shop :) ) i was wondering if you guys could help to create a stockmap for sert,i noticed there is some demand for this on this forum but will need some help. i have a twinscan 2 +to adjust, my consern is the spark plug timing,while tweaking a base map for my calibers i noticed quite a difference in power but that is a free flowing exhaust :grouphug

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok here is that map i started with is not final only had two corrections for the ve tables i wonder if the sparkplug timing is to aggresive? i have not checked the knocking retard yet because i am targeting the ve settings. will changing the spark timing affect the afr? :confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
i have not checked the knocking retard yet because i am targeting the ve settings. will changing the spark timing affect the afr?
I used that map and found the spark map to be a little too aggressive. I was getting knock between 4 and 5K. I would check and see if you are getting any knock in that rpm range. Changing the spark timing can effect the afr a small amount but I wouldn't worry about it.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
try the 159GY002-A1 as a base MAP as it has a less aggressive spark table

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't have the 159gy002-a1 map im my cal files,but is it an mt6 file? about the knocking at 4k til 5k did only one run since my map was posted due to the weather here and found it running lean at that area but didn't notice knocking but i had the knocking sensors enabled. the twinscan can't record afr and knocking retard at the same time for some reason. i'll do more runs this weekend if the weather gets better and post results.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
japie said:
i don't have the 159gy002-a1 map im my cal files,but is it an mt6 file? about the knocking at 4k til 5k did only one run since my map was posted due to the weather here and found it running lean at that area but didn't notice knocking but i had the knocking sensors enabled. the twinscan can't record afr and knocking retard at the same time for some reason. i'll do more runs this weekend if the weather gets better and post results.
the 159G is an MT6 file and it is located in the 2007 folder of the MAPS in the software.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunally i only have the 2006 software, but what was the setup for that map ? are you willng to post it :notworth: is there a difference in maps for the 2006 vs 2007 software,davetpilot posted a caliber exhaust map for me made with 2007 sert but my software nagged me it was not for this software any thx for reply and advice

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
My software is 06 and it had some 07 MAPS, if you do not have it I will post it later today when I get home from work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that would be most kind:hyper: could you also mention the setup? the 127yn001-b1.mt6 was intended for an vrscr 1250 cc, se aircleaner and stock exhausts. to get a short cut i tweeked it to much at once i guess :banghead: thx already and drive safe to home

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@@@@ Cant Open This File Either: This File Was Developed For A Different Tuning Mode Application And Is Not Compatiable With This Software This Filetype Is Hd-v159. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: guess i will have to find 2007 software and hope if it will work with my 07-24-2006 sert. thx for posting your map :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
since dale'r' mentioned knocking i did a check on that found no knocking with my twinscan,but agree the timing is to advanced,felt light consant vibration up to 4,5 k i tought to use the knocking sensors for max advancing but that seems not to be the rightway,so how to determine max advance? Attachment 84695 Attachment 84694
Japie, Logging data and checking for knock is the only way I know of to do it using the Twinscan. Be sure and check it at wot doing throttle roll on's. I found mine had knocked during a dyno test after I examined the data. The dyno operators like to lug the engines down to about 3,000rpms and then go to wot for the dyno pulls. This puts a big load on the engine which is good for checking knock. Once I saw it in the data I could reproduce it on the road in the same rpm range. Our set-ups are a little different and I wasn't saying those numbers are bad for everybody, they just didn't work for me. If you look at the spark cal's for the 1250's they all seem to have more advance in them then the ones for the 1130's. The bore is bigger in the 1250's and I think the added advance is because it takes longer to get a good burn across the bigger bore.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thx dale for explaning still learning a lot about tuning and this forum really helps me a lot and gained respect for the prof tuners. i scraped that map and moved to the map that DTHDOC posted for me, still busy with dialing in ve settings. thx DTHDOC and DALE for helping to create a sert map for a stock exhaust and hope w'll get a solid one to post for everyone here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts