Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a riser block i can run on this bike....just a little to stretched for long rides

·
Registered
672 Posts
GR Customs sells a riser for the muscle and has a couple different bar options

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i appreciate it...just a little to stretched for long runs

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
somewhere on here i think someone just put spacers under the bars and longer bolts to give a bit more height so less reach but still keep the stock bars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i plan on only doing a spacer i like the bars....any pics???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I raised mine up 1 1/2 in. I had an old set of dyna risers that were about 4 inches. I cut them off at 1 1/2 and used the bottom end for spacers. Made a bif differance. You might be able to go 2 in. but I think that would be stretching it. I'll try to get pics this evening. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK here is the risers.....

The only problem is the speedo plug showes from the front...

Going to make something to cover the wires ,just haven't got around to it yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't remember the bolt size. I just took one of the handle bar bolts out and took it to the hardware store and bought 2 bolts 1 1/2 in. longer.
Yes I had to raise the handle bar supports on the windshield. If you look you will see a couple black grommets in the original holes. The grommets are out of a bagger tour pack.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i think im gonna order the inch n a half...thanks guys

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Yes I had to raise the handle bar supports on the windshield. If you look you will see a couple black grommets in the original holes. The grommets are out of a bagger tour pack.
this is a mod i have been thinking about, can i ask how much of the windshield do you look through, if any? i have one on order from my dealer but i want to put very dark window tint on the back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
yea i plan on only doing a spacer i like the bars....any pics???
i did this and used 3/4 inch chrome spacer and bolts that were 3/4 longer

where he has a gap inbetween his headlight and speedo wires i took a piece of black stove pipe and bent it to fit it looks almost factory:)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
this is a mod i have been thinking about, can i ask how much of the windshield do you look through, if any? i have one on order from my dealer but i want to put very dark window tint on the back.
I look over the windshield by at least 3 inches.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Does Ghost Rider have any pictures of a Muscle with Drag Bars? I won't a chrome drag bar bad but I need to see them on a Muscle first. I wonder if I would lose the ability to use my wind shield. I only used it 3 times for 4+ hour rides to the beach. So I guess I could live without them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
GR customs does not have any pics of the drag bars installed on a muscle yet. i have been waiting myself to see how they look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts