Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put some more agressive (lower) bars on my Rod... any help would be great. My dealer warned me that any much lower will hit the tank in turns... I would maybe even go as extreme as clip ons to the fork proper... anyone ever seen them for the rod?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Upside down bars

I was looking for the same thing, but won't have the money till later....So I took the poor man's approach. I turned my oem bars upside down and flipped them around. Has the exact reach I was looking for, and no more elbow view in the mirrors. Gauge assembly looks a little out of place standing up by itself, so my next purchace before the bars is going to be the gauge mounted air box cover. No issues swapping the controls, or clearance when turning. It will be a couple weeks before I get back home, but i'll put up a couple pics if you care to see how it looks.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Kerri (Nightmare) has clip-ons on hers. They are badass!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I put drag bars on mine, using the risers, top clamp and guage housing from a DX. It all bolts on to the R's top clamps and there is no problem with clearance. You will need a shorter brake hose, I used a 2006 R part but in hindsight I should have used a 2007 VRSCX brake hose. You will find that in the back surface of the R guages are four screw holes with threaded steel inserts. The guages must have been designed with another application other than the R in mind that never materialized. Makes you think. Anyway, if you oval out two of the mounting holes on the back of the DX guage housing you can screw the R guages into the DX guage housing. There will be gap along the very top that I filled with some black foam weather striping from Home Depot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I machined the risers down and pushed the bars forward. It's better but still not as low as I'd like. Flatter bars would do it. Or clip-ons but I worry they would make the bike hard to turn because they're such short levers for countersteering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Clubman bars put you down low quite easily and the stock lines all fit. and they won't hit anything. I have some if anyone wants to buy them.

Not quite as aggressive is Norman Hyde M-bars which I have on know.
They can go on right side up or upside down. They can drop you about an inch or so. But the real advantage is that they sweep back a bit more than the upside down stockers and save your wrists from some hurtn'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting some clip-ons myself. Can anybody tell me the exact size I need? Tried measuring myself, looks to be about 51-ish MM maybe?

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
CLIP-ON's would be very aggressive !
There's a few forum members with clip on's.....VRSCR has large inverted forks.
Standard forks are 49mm.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks awesome. Does anyone have any more photos with clipons? Maybe someone riding would be good. Wanted to put them on my DX but worried ill be too stretched out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts