Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fed up looking at my shoulders and thinking about getting some bar end mirrors.

I like the look of the Oberon Engineering streetfighters but wondered if anyone is running these or similar?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same here mate, fed up at only seeing my shoulders so I swapped them for CRG Arrows. Will post some pics tomorrow when I get the time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i wouldnt mind a pair of joker machine bar ends. really cool.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My current squeeze, complete with bar end mirrors and new back end, wot i created.Sorry , its not a rod these days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Moss I am liking them; where did you get em & how much if you don't mind me asking? From what I can see from the pics do they come with an expandable insert for the handlebar and then clamp on? It looks like you haven't had to move the grips or do too much surgery?

Stag; lovin that Thruxton mate - I was nearly drawn to the dark side and came close to spending some ££ on the new Norton but when you compare the Trumpet at half the price it makes em look like a bargain. How do you compare it to the Rod?

Cheers Skin

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thanks Moss I am liking them; where did you get em & how much if you don't mind me asking? From what I can see from the pics do they come with an expandable insert for the handlebar and then clamp on? It looks like you haven't had to move the grips or do too much surgery?

Stag; lovin that Thruxton mate - I was nearly drawn to the dark side and came close to spending some ££ on the new Norton but when you compare the Trumpet at half the price it makes em look like a bargain. How do you compare it to the Rod?

Cheers Skin
Cheers Skin, its not got the acceleration glee that the rod provided and wouldnt accelerate like any sportsbike, but not by lots, but it does feel special and like the rod,everybody stares.If you were riding in a bunch you wouldnt keep up off a roundabout.Its completely smooth through the revs, no jitteryness.Ive taken the cowl off now and i think it looks even better.Theres scope for tinkering with the engine(not loads) and with the bodywork--but you wont catch me paying 800 for arrow exhausts

·
Registered
69 Posts

Cheers Skin
No probs mate, just did google search cos couldn`t get them in the UK. Got them from USA. Can now get them on ebay £85 each , buy 2 and get the inserts free. My bike has HD Diamond grips on standard bars, I removed the grip end cap, inside is a plastic sleeve, I shaved this down and the larger size adaptor went in and tightened into the bar. Or if you can loosen the grips, slide them inwards on the bar a bit, and it clamps on the bar directly. All in all it probably took an hour to fit both. Massive improvement on the old mirrors, I can see the sissy pad in both mirrors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts