Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

im in the middle of a HID/Xenon install, all wiring in and everything fitted except the Ballast, i cant find a decent place.

i was going to install in the airbox but im concerned it will get to hot, also where would i run the wires? file a hole in the top box?

2nd option was top of battery but if these things run hot, i dont fancy a battery exploding.

Please help!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can't see that it will get hot having it in the airbox. The volumn of fresh air getting sucked in there will keep things cool. That's why I'm putting mine there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Run the wires out the snorkle or make a cut just at the bottom of the top airbox cover. That way it still seals up fiarly well but your wires don't get pinched, and you only change the top of the airbox instead of the whole thing. Then order a replacement airbox lid for when/if you change your mind or sell the bike later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys,

airbox filed and wires in, ballest fitted. now i just have to get them stupid AMP connectors off. already broke both my small jewellers screw drivers on the stock wiring plug

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes, I'm necromancing this thread. But this was exactly what I was looking for. I don't have a tuner so I don't want to go topless. I'll drill a hole in the airbox top to run my wires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes, I'm necromancing this thread. But this was exactly what I was looking for. I don't have a tuner so I don't want to go topless. I'll drill a hole in the airbox top to run my wires.

Thanks!
Just make a small notch in the top of the air box, holes get big!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just put mine on top of the battery, but I did cut the snorkel off so I guess I could route the wires from the ballast through the snorkel hole.

HS

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just make a small notch in the top of the air box, holes get big!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I just grabbed my diagonal pliers and snipped a little triangle off the front. it works perfect.

I need to get some double-sided tape or some velcro for it though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could always extend the harness and mount the ballast under the seat; that's what I did. Most kits use standard automotive style plugs (DDM uses H11 connectors).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts