Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in contact with Bakker Framebouw, Holland, about their V-Rod sportbike frame kits.
The bike HD should have built.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rc4man said:
Been in contact with Bakker Framebouw, Holland, about their V-Rod sportbike frame kits.
:worthless

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rc4man said:
Sorry Kaz, clicked the "submit" button before attaching the photos. Ooops.
Thanks;) Thats much better:notworth: ! Any idea of Price,and weight?:kaz:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
rc4man said:
I strongly (and respectfully) disagree! That is one FUGLY sportbike! For one thing, it hides the VR motor and everything else.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
DungeonWorks said:
I strongly (and respectfully) disagree! That is one FUGLY sportbike! For one thing, it hides the VR motor and everything else.
:them: Looks just like any other plasticized crotch rocket :barf:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
It looks like you replace everything except for the motor. Got to be much lighter, hhhhmmmmm, wonder what a drag race version would weigh?

Mike

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Elgavilan said:
It looks like you replace everything except for the motor. Got to be much lighter, hhhhmmmmm, wonder what a drag race version would weigh?

Mike
Exactly what I was thinking!

I'd love to see it without the skins to see just how the frame is laid out.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stomper said:
:them: Looks just like any other plasticized crotch rocket :barf:
Seems to closely resemble the "original" VR-1000 before it got, as some would think, "bastardized" into a power cruiser.
As for me I can appreciate both but I think that HD could have greatly broadened their customer base with a sportbike version. Would also have given the aftermarket guys more freedom to develope custom cruiser frame kits for the engine.
I'm sure that HD considered this and figured correctly that given the choice more aftermarket groups would get invovled in developing cruiser chassis than there are groups that would develope sportbike chassis.
Kind of nipped their potential competition in the bud, great marketing coup.
Anyway there are a great many here that with a choice would go that way. And while it may/may not have been true competition for Ducati, Aprilia and the like it would have been taken seriously enough to have been a success. Would likely have done serious damage to Buell though.

Kaz, at todays rates the basic race setup comes in at around $19400
The street kit adds about $5500 additional, total street without engine just under $25000
Still, with a salvage engine less than the Roehr.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I know this name Bakker from the race-moped frames dey made way back 20-25 jears ago,but i did not know dey made this nowadays.This is no "just an other manufacturer"
About the price,you won't buy a new rod overhere for that ammount(30k+)
If i can help u in the future in somway just let me know.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
If I wanted a crotch rocket I could buy one that's much faster & cheaper right out of the crate at just about any import bike dealer.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vrod-Mike said:
If I wanted a crotch rocket I could buy one that's much faster & cheaper right out of the crate at just about any import bike dealer.
Sorry but your point is?

The vein of this forum section is "High performance"
The subject of this thread is an available high performance handling chassis available for our beloved engine.
HD could do it themselves and offer it to us for the same cost as a standard V-Rod but don't.
What you can or can't get at any import dealer is not the subject and of no importance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This brings tears out in the eyes of an old roadracer.

in 1994 i bought a Nico Bakker in Holland with an ZX11 engine The bike was born as a RX1000 in 1989 and in 1993 rebuild with the new ZX11 engine. That was a true rocket, top speed was 290 real kmph, quite fast in those days. took it to the race track in sweden a number of times and after setting decent lap times i went got an OW01 and went for SuperBike racing. Those were the days.

That v-rod from bakker is something unique trust me. And the best thing if you get a new idea you just rebuild the bike, good old Bakker smoking his cigar is always willing to help you out on a crazy project. if you ever go to Amsterdan take the short drive up north and visit the factory, those guys can do magic. If road inspection not was so hard in Singapore i'd get a set tomorrow

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Show more of the motor,cut those twin mufflers off and mount single supertrapp,build 30 more hp.into the motor, maybe this would be a Street Rod that would sell? I also would like to see that frame.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts