Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the right combination of bags for my R. I did not want Harley saddlebags as the mounts were butt ugly when you take the bags off. I needed to carry some smaller things all the time (garage door opener, glasses, gloves, papers etc.). But I wanted removable bag(s) for the occasions when I need to carry larger items. I went with the Cortech Sport Tail Bag (http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=148&cat=31) but I did not like the way it looked mounted normally, so I reversed it! It clips on easily with internal bungy cords.
Most of the time I run without the tail bag.
For my smaller items I went with two Harley Soft Leather Handlebar/Fork Bag, part number 91773-85, and removed the hanging leather strips. I secured them with black pull ties.
My solution may not be for everyone but I like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Too Cool.... I've been searching for a solution that looks good. I love the little bags mounted on the side. I'm gonna steal your idea.:notworth: Thanks......

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Laptop? Yes, I just tried it and a 15" laptop and charger would fit easily with more room on top. However, a laptop in a bag style case might not as the laptop bag might not get through the opening. The tail-bag has zippers on the sides that allows it to expand another 6-8 inches wider.

I also explained the side bags here:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67579

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
That looks like just the ticket and gets that damn California lookin backpack off me.

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bag bottom has a rubber shield or mat that keeps the bag and most of the bungee cord away from the fender. Only a small portion of the bungee cord comes near fender just above the blinker, and rests on the paint. The bungee has a soft cloth outer coating, and I have not seen any marks left there when I remove the bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts