Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if anyone had any fuel mapping issues after taking the baffles out of their stock exhaust. I am thinking of getting the V&H 2 into one Pipe but would like to get some noise out of the bike untill I figure out the right mix of mods. Are there any directions out there on how to cut them out the easiest and or best way to aproach it. Thanks - any info is good info.

·
Registered
138 Posts
After i cut out my baffles the bike would sputter between 3000 and 3500rpm. After that it would run ok. I installed a gils box and she runs like a champ now.

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. Are you guys running power commanders for remaping? or working with HD fuel reflashes. To remove the baffles is it just a matter of removing the slip ons and drilling out the rivets?

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. It was just what the doctor ordered. Ride Hard

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
mnerren said:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12834

This link shows how to VMOD the SE slip-ons, which are very similar if not the same as what you have. EFI tuning required. PC III, Gils Box, SERT or something.

Go to the HOW TO section and see all of the links on how to do this. Several of them available.
That link is for the Screaming Eagle Slipfits. The SE models came with stock pipes. You will need to drill out the baffles with a hole saw. One for the intake side, one for the output side. Then you just slide the baffle out, and clean up the cuts.

This Link will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts