Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently told by a Harley Tech that the Power Commander is bad for my bike. He said it tricks the ECM and after repeated use will eventually burn up the ECM. I just wanted to check to see what everybody thinks about the PC. Is this true? I've heard this at two different dealers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The PC has been out too long with a good history. I think someone is trying to sell you a race tuner. The PC tricks the signals from the ECM not before, so the it should not affect it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Obviously that technician was propagating here say. The Power Comander is on it's 3rd generation now and has a solid history. I've been running a PCIII on my GSX-R1000 for a while with no adverse affects.

I'd find a new technician to work on my bike. :2cents:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Fooling the PCM might be hard on plugs, and engine mixtures but has no effect at all on the life of the PCM. He is probably one of the techs that says that syn oil is so slick the brgs wont spin. :)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
The PC changes the pulses after the PCM.

·
Registered
339 Posts
A lot of HD Dealers are also Dynojet Power Commander Authorized Retail and Tuning Centers, so I think that, as long as it's properly tuned, there's nothing wrong with using the PC on our bikes.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
The PC will not transfer any energy to the ECM so how can you damage it in any way.

(Vinni) "The PC changes the pulses after the PCM."

so

(Max) "Fooling the PCM might be hard on plugs, and engine mixtures but has no effect at all on the life of the PCM."

Your tech guy has a had a lot of thinking done for him so he will be slow to respond to complex queries. When someone told him "MJ" was abusing kids this guy probably went to see if they were still letting him play basketball (instead of singing) :eek: . :rofl2: :rofl2: Maybe he went to see if they were letting him play baseball :plause: :rofl2: :rofl2: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts