Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bad karma 3 in 1 package last week. My cat got hit by a car and she passed away instantly on last Thursday.

Next day I was at work thinking about my lost cat, and a friend came wants to ride my bike, I didn’t think anything just gave him the key. He DROPED my bike. Have to replace handlebar, pegs, brake pedal, front brake, RH frame bar, mirror and scraped pipe. He is willing to pay for damage. I am waiting for some parts. The brake paddle from “D” is in back order.

Last Sunday my GPS Zumo was dead (sending it back to Garmin)
I am riding my road king now.
Jay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat and the damage to the bike.

I have to ask though, why would you let your friend ride the bike? I have had several bikes and would never let my friends ride them - not because of possible drop damage (although that would certainly be inconvenient - thats what insurance is for). I would have a difficult time dealing with the guilt if they were to wreck and be injured or killed on it.

Just curious - is your friend an experienced rider?

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you sir, It's been a week now, feels bit better. We found the cat on the street about 3 years ago. I missed her, she is special.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
beautiful cat....have two myself....sorry about the bike, but that is what insurance of for...and at least no one was hurt....don't worry about the cat...he has started another life, hopefully he will find you again!

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joshuasnightrod said:
Sorry to hear about your cat and the damage to the bike.

I have to ask though, why would you let your friend ride the bike? I have had several bikes and would never let my friends ride them - not because of possible drop damage (although that would certainly be inconvenient - thats what insurance is for). I would have a difficult time dealing with the guilt if they were to wreck and be injured or killed on it.

Just curious - is your friend an experienced rider?
Yes this guy ride bikes, but air cool slow ones.
And I learned my lesson hard way.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: He has some bruisers.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hey Jay, so sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately you can't fix the cat but the bike will be back together in no time (Man, it hurts to look at those pictures). You're lucky to have another bike to continue riding in the beautiful weather we're having now. Hope to see you soon...

·
Registered
683 Posts
sorry to hear about this,
but this means you've got some good stuff coming around to you real soon..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just keep your head up. I know it is hard but please keep your head up. Better days will come. We have all been through this from time to time. Real sorry to hear about the cat. Go get another one. There are so many that need homes.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
Must feel terrible...I have a cat and three dogs...love them all. Fortunately, the bike can be fixed and as long as your friend comes through with the payment, its just an inconvenience to you.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jay, look forward to some good karma coming your way now

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. We get mighty attached to our furry friends. Bike is fixable - sucks, but oh well. The kitty will leave a hole. My best.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
man that sucks well it has to get better

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
THis Is Horrible anyway you look at it, Especially the Cat, everything else will be fixed with time. Well people who believe this stuff always say it comes in 3's so hopefully you are done for now.

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
Jay:
Sorry to hear about your pet, it is painful I know. But one thing my good for nothing father taught me and I have always adhered to is, never loan out your house, car or toys. We had a dead beat relative who damaged our 1977 Oldsmobile. He didn't think it was important enough to admit to my father his wrong doings. It left a bad taste in his mouth which taught me a lesson because I was just starting to learn to drive and had to "fight" with this dude to fix the car and get it back. Never loan out your stuff. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had an all black cat that passed away a few months ago. We got her as a kitten and she was 18 years old. I know how you feel. Hopefully your luck will change for the better. :)

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
I saw a small pekanese mix on the side of the road yesterday while on the bike, there was a septic truck that I had just passed and a farm truck in front of me still. The dog was in the left lane, another truck was coming so I pulled out and flashed my headlights at the oncoming truck. The dog ran back to the house at the sound of my bike. After thinking about it, pulling out in front of a truck while between two big trucks to get them to see the dog was maybe not so smart. Had to try tho!
Sorry for your lose.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
sorry to hear about your cat... however never let anyone ride your bike, no matter what tramatic events have occured

1 - 19 of 19 Posts