Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 07 VRSCAW with V-mod pipes, K&N air filter and a Power Commander... after I installed the power commander i'm getting crappy fuel mileage. The Power Commander was preconfigured and installed like a dream. Sounds awesome but I need to get the mileage back to normal... any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
I have an 06 R with Rinehart 2:1, K&N, and use a SERT. My mileage is typically in the upper 30's. I have hit the 40's twice.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
"Crappy" would be how much in real numbers? :)

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
2.5 gallons to go 31 miles....that's about 12.4 MPG. That does suck.

You can't trust that fuel guage.

Fill the tank. Set your trip odometer. Ride it around town like you normally do, then fill the tank again. Let us know how many miles or Kilometers are on your trip odometer, and how many gallons, or liters you put into your tank. It's best if you do this at the same gas station, on the same pump to minimize any variance.

RJ

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
When you say just under half a tank, are you going by the gas gauge? The gauges are typically off. You may wanna reset your trip next time you fill up and then the time after that actually do the math.

Theres gotta be something wrong if you are truly getting 12.4 MPG.

·
Simple Pleasures
81 Posts
Doenload the latest map from DynoJet and install it. I got my PCIII USB "preconfigured", and had the same issue, along with blowing too much black soot under full throttle. The DynoJet map is working great, and I just got 42mpg recently on a 150 mile run.

Schinde

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the IAT sensor? Someone suggested to make sure this sensor is plugged in and if it was a could get a leaner map for the PC.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Forget the guage, what does the remaining fuel reading say? and how hard to you ride? I find mine varies greatly depending if I am whringing its neck or cruising.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts