Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
:mad:Had some bad dealings with Dennis Kirk today, called in today around noon to order a icon vest for the wife as a b-day gift talked to the woman on the phone and tell her that another online store has the same one for a lower price she says we can price match it for you just let me look it up and make sure they have them for that price in that same size. She comes back and says yes they do have them for that price in that size so we will match it for you. then she says wait they want to put this under review because the price is much lower than ours but after they check it then we will call you back to get your CC# I said ok good deal thank. about 5 hours later I call them to add a few more items to the order and the woman says let me check on you other item I said ok she comes back and says looks like the other place no longers has the same size in stock so we can not match the price anymore I tell her well they did at noon today and the other person I talked to even looked it up and seen it was in stock she said sorry cant do anything about it let me transfer you to CS I said ok told the same story to another person and she was like there is nothing I can do about it do you still want to order it at our price I said no not at yalls price she did not let me say anything else just hung up on me. ERR So what do you guys think should I be as mad as I am? It just really ticks me off because prior to this they had been great and in the past few months I have ordered around 3k worth of parts from them.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Wow that does Suck I've only ever dealt with the online store and that has been fine, heck even the returns are easy...

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
In my dealings with issues like this, you need to stand your ground. Explain to them you are a spending customer and refer others to them. Tell them you have spent "X" over the last few months and still need more stuff. Explain that you wanted to take advantage of their price match and feel you have been shuffled along in hopes that this would occur. Then if your still getting nowhere ask to speak to the person in charge. I tell them not your manger but the person who signs the checks. Then if your still getting dissed ask them what is the best we can do for this product. You were willing to slash price to match so you must have some room to discount.

I wouldnt drop them like a bad habit give'm a chance then drop them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'll never buy from them again now.. So many places have the same shit for the same price!!! Stories like this go up my ass.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
In my dealings with issues like this, you need to stand your ground. Explain to them you are a spending customer and refer others to them. Tell them you have spent "X" over the last few months and still need more stuff. Explain that you wanted to take advantage of their price match and feel you have been shuffled along in hopes that this would occur. Then if your still getting nowhere ask to speak to the person in charge. I tell them not your manger but the person who signs the checks. Then if your still getting dissed ask them what is the best we can do for this product. You were willing to slash price to match so you must have some room to discount.

I wouldnt drop them like a bad habit give'm a chance then drop them.
:them:

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Five hours later and the competitor is sold out of the size you wanted / needed? This is after Denis Kirk verified they had the size you wanted / needed?

I think Denis Kirk just went and bought out that size from the competitor......

Yea they had to investigate it all right. :spank:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Maybe the "other company" is the one screwing around.

Dennis Kirk has always been good as gold in my experience. Not discounting your experience but there seems to be a lot of players in this one.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Just curious, why didn't you just order it from the other company?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious, why didn't you just order it from the other company?
I just always use Dennis Kirk and was ordering other things that day and ask if they had the vest, thought I would kill to birds with one stone, but ended up missing all together :banghead:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe the "other company" is the one screwing around.

Dennis Kirk has always been good as gold in my experience. Not discounting your experience but there seems to be a lot of players in this one.
:stupid:
I've always had great luck with Dennis Kirk. I think if the price at the other store was "much lower", maybe they had a misprint and when DK called them to make sure they would honor it, they realized the mistake and just quickly changed it to "out of stock" until they could get the correct price verified and posted. Just a thought.

The other store wasn't Shade Tree was it? I've had some disappointing service from them in the past.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:stupid:
I've always had great luck with Dennis Kirk. I think if the price at the other store was "much lower", maybe they had a misprint and when DK called them to make sure they would honor it, they realized the mistake and just quickly changed it to "out of stock" until they could get the correct price verified and posted. Just a thought.

The other store wasn't Shade Tree was it? I've had some disappointing service from them in the past.
No the other store just sold the last one in that size they still have all the other sizes in stock at the same price and they are on closeout. Also I to have always had great luck with DK but this was not one of those times.

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Sounds like DK didn't like the fact the other dealer my have sold it for less than their cost, do DK just bought it online from them, the when you inquired too bad they don't have it anymore! Doh! Dirty pool!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Again with this?

Sounds like DK didn't like the fact the other dealer my have sold it for less than their cost, do DK just bought it online from them, the when you inquired too bad they don't have it anymore! Doh! Dirty pool!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I really doubt DK was worried about a fockin' $50 vest for Cripes sake. I can only imagine the volume and dollars that DK turns and seriously doubt they would take time to "buy out" an item every time an item cost is challenged.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Odd, 1st off I dont think I ever saw anything in the DK catalog I ever wanted, I will check at Tire time and they are always ridiculously higher priced but I cannot see why people shop there at all.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I really doubt DK was worried about a fockin' $50 vest for Cripes sake. I can only imagine the volume and dollars that DK turns and seriously doubt they would take time to "buy out" an item every time an item cost is challenged.
Nope apparently its just a Guy named Dennis sitting in a small garage somewhere doing exactly that trying to keep costs down before his 3rd shift at the box factory starts.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Odd, 1st off I dont think I ever saw anything in the DK catalog I ever wanted, I will check at Tire time and they are always ridiculously higher priced but I cannot see why people shop there at all.
Dunno about now but DK used to advertise that they'd beat anyone else's advertised tire prices (+ shipping charges) by $1. I think that also went for helmets.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
They price match or rather beat any posted price. .

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts