Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wife wants a backrest! the wife gets a backrest. Want do think about this?

I like it! Where can I buy one?
The Vant

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well being a smartass i would say Home Depot, And that would be correct. I bought a 5/8 soild rod from there and my used oxygen and acetylene torches to heat it up and bend it in the vise. Took about 3-4 housrs to get the shape right. Looking for a chromer now.:vrod:

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great job.

As things are right now, you can fabricate a backrest faster than you can get one on order from HD.

Looks like it will even be better too!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
She'll be asking for arm rest next.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
new backrest

thats exactly what i was wanting to do also

great job man

and for me, i would only used it when i wish to pack my t-bag backpack which is rare. then i wouldnt even bother chroming it.

Well being a smartass i would say Home Depot, And that would be correct. I bought a 5/8 soild rod from there and my used oxygen and acetylene torches to heat it up and bend it in the vise. Took about 3-4 housrs to get the shape right. Looking for a chromer now.:vrod:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the first one worked well, but she said that she felt it put her to close to me???? So after looking around the garage came up with this one. Very easy to remove (2 set screws and it pulls off). And is adjustable up and down.

Its different.:sinister:

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i know alot of guys dont like the bags or back rest, but some of us want our wifes to go with us. Didn't want a air head touring bike wanted a fast curiser.:boobs:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Yea i know alot of guys dont like the bags or back rest, but some of us want our wifes to go with us. Didn't want a air head touring bike wanted a fast curiser.:boobs:
Oh there is a Backrest on there and She does love it.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I like the originality of your custom rest.:thumb:It looks like it comes off fast when it's not needed.
I'm w Lux on the mini upright rest though.I think it fits the bike great.I've never had a passenger on the back w the mini rest,but I've been told it works and keeps the passenger feeling safe.

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I like the originality of your custom rest.:thumb:It looks like it comes off fast when it's not needed.
I'm w Lux on the mini upright rest though.I think it fits the bike great.I've never had a passenger on the back w the mini rest,but I've been told it works and keeps the passenger feeling safe.
Yeah I love it, I dont want someone "Lounging" back there anyways, They need to Pay Attention just as I do.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't want the "true" backrest for the mere reason that WHEN/IF I ride someone on back, they are forced to hold on and smash up against me?
You boys are silly...oldest trick in the book.

Besides...my mini looks good. I took my "tall" sissy bar off a year ago and never put it back on.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't want the "true" backrest for the mere reason that WHEN/IF I ride someone on back, they are forced to hold on and smash up against me?
You boys are silly...oldest trick in the book.

Besides...my mini looks good. I took my "tall" sissy bar off a year ago and never put it back on.
Actually I had No Backrest for a little while and I was being touched Too Much, I dont want to be touched so mini was installed, now touching is minimal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i agree the mini looks good. But mama didn'y like the stock backrest. So came up with these two. Yea its adjustable (up and Down) and it can be taken off quickly with just loosing two set screw. Next step is to make a Z bar that I can take cushion off the straight bar and put it on it and I can have a backrest when i dont have a passager.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts