Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a backrest. Anyone know of a dealer with it in stock? I'm still searching.

·
So. Cal. Cruzin'
101 Posts
No one has it in stock that I know of, I ordered mine online through Harley or you can get it at Vmod.com same price I think and you will need the mounting bracket if you go with out the luggage rack!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I ordered mine in Mid-July from the dealer ... still no ETA. Same goes for the mid-sport windshield.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The backorder date was moved from 8/25/10 to 10/31/10.

I found one, hoping it comes in today. Called about 15 dealerships, and there was only one that had one left.

I've been waiting for this to come in since the luggage rack has been sitting on the floor in the garage for some time. Was waiting to install both.

Question, can I start the luggage rack install and when the backrest comes in install that, or wait and do both at the same time? Just looking for opinions for those that have installed both.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i ordered mine n had it in a week....but its still sitting in the box cause i might not use it....if i dont use it and you still cant find one ill sell you it for wat i paid for it....its only the backrest and mounting kit no luggage rack

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ordered mine n had it in a week....but its still sitting in the box cause i might not use it....if i dont use it and you still cant find one ill sell you it for wat i paid for it....its only the backrest and mounting kit no luggage rack
Ok, will let you know by the end of next week. Should get it in on Tuesday.

You won't have a problem selling that :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
The backorder date was moved from 8/25/10 to 10/31/10.

I found one, hoping it comes in today. Called about 15 dealerships, and there was only one that had one left.

I've been waiting for this to come in since the luggage rack has been sitting on the floor in the garage for some time. Was waiting to install both.

Question, can I start the luggage rack install and when the backrest comes in install that, or wait and do both at the same time? Just looking for opinions for those that have installed both.
I was told by the dealer that if I had them install the luggage rack (really don't want to do it myself and screw up the fender), if I decided to get the bcakrest for my wife later, it was really easy to install it to it. They said it's just removing some bolts and then putting the backrest on and bolting it all back down. I think you can download the instruction sheets from the HD website.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Lanbo, I took a look a few days ago and yes, just one more hole to be drilled and that is it, the rest is bolt on. Hopefull it will come in this week and when I return from out of town, install next weekend!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered mine about a week and a half ago from V-mod. Steve has been really quick in sending replies, but the backrest still hasn't shipped. I wanted to avoid having to go through the dealership, since they are a waste of life and money. Hopefully I'll get word soon on when it's going to be delivered.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This backrest dellema is getting to be really bad. I need one as well. I am just about ready to have one custom made. Sheesh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts