Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the look of this German set up to replace the rear fender.

How do you think it would look on an NRS?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think that would look bad @$$
How much is that rear end?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Looks cool, but not so sure how it would look with the smaller 240 rear

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price is 720 euros which is about £500 or $1000 ...pretty expensive! but thats the light and rear seat pad and plate holder included.

I am awaiting them returning my mail to see if they do fit the Night Rod special and a few other queries, I will keep yous posted.

I hope your German language skills are good! (Or they speak good English)

http://www.r-r-customizing.de/vrod/seiten/index2.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JDR_ROD said:
Looks cool, but not so sure how it would look with the smaller 240 rear
My thoughts Exactly JDR.... so I have stuck a 260 on my 08 model in preparation!:angeldev: .......I believe thats a 280 in the pic mind you!

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
I see a couple of nice items on that site...Guess I'll have to break out my English-German translation and ask a few questions.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i am glad someone likes those fenders.. i think they look like they are sticking straight up in the air, i cant stand them! If there was a way to get rid of all that fender gap they cause it wouldnt be too bad.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
to me it looks too much like a sportbike rear....its cool for some Im sure but I like the lowered look much more,where the fender sits over the tires edge,like many of the slammed Rods on this awesome site....

But to each their own and if we all did the same thing this place would be boring!...so go ahead and do it I say,and lets see some pics when its done!....we are with ya!

Dan

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are many things on here I would not do to my DX....however, I really like the fact we all have our own ideas and support each other........what a great bike to have great fun with!!!!!!! Let's keep them coming on....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sith1250 said:
My GOD!!!!!!!! That rear end is super SICK!!!!!!!! My girl wouldnt like it, but heh...its not her bike.

What is the largest tire that would fit on the stock 08' rim?
260 w/o any mods.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
you see the funny thing is...I'm not even looking at the fender....I'm looking into all the other details of the different bikes on the site....there are 6 things I'm asking them about as well as the pricing on them to boot....I'm one of those people that likes to take little things from a bunch of places and build a unique item...I am not one to follow convention or trends when it comes to taste....and I have often been criticized in the past for doing things that I personally like but that others hate....like said above....everyone has their own style...so off to the drawing board I go!!! :cheers:

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
waterwerks said:
you see the funny thing is...I'm not even looking at the fender....I'm looking into all the other details of the different bikes on the site....there are 6 things I'm asking them about as well as the pricing on them to boot....I'm one of those people that likes to take little things from a bunch of places and build a unique item...I am not one to follow convention or trends when it comes to taste....and I have often been criticized in the past for doing things that I personally like but that others hate....like said above....everyone has their own style...so off to the drawing board I go!!! :cheers:
Will you keep me in the loop as far as what you find out from them? Their R is SIC! I'd like to get some info from them too.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
it gives the bike a "JAP" look and detracts from it's unique styling, the look achieved seems unsure of which direction or style it wants to be and seems out of place with the rest of the bike being near stock.

·
Gone
545 Posts
Find out if the tail light has built-in signals. From the pic, it looks like the signals on that bike are on the bars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are on the bars only on that one Tbar.....But you can buy mini ones as part of the whole package.

All fair points lads...I guess its the old "each to their own"........Thanks for some good thoughtful input (Still awaiting a reply from the shop)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The guy got back to me......heres the Night rod special back end........I am not sure about it now at all!..It is too high!....Nice to see though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts