Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three years with V&H 2-into-2 with K&N filter, I'm back to stock mufflers.

During that time, I tried several different tunes/auto tunes. Now, the bike seems to not run as smooth/consistent before I added the V&H exhaust.
I'm now using the "Stock Improved" tune from Dynojet website.

Question: Could all the previous changes have a lingering impact? Is there a need/way to "factory reset".

Anyone has a good tune for a 2013 Muscle with K&N air filter only? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2009 Muscle. I found the V&H exhaust just too loud to deal with, especially at 5000 rpm and above so I also went back to factory exhaust. I cannot help you with a tune, my bike has K&N filter, but I also have stage 2 cams. I found that the H-D "starting tune" for a stage 2 cam install was total garbage. I started over from scratch using MyTune to make changes to my VCI via the SERT (little orange box). After many rides to record data and then adjust, I finally arrived at an excellent tune. Bike runs great. I'm not familiar with the Dynojet, but if it allows recording of data for evaluation afterward, you should look into MyTune.

·
kaffiend
17 Posts
After three years with V&H 2-into-2 with K&N filter, I'm back to stock mufflers.

During that time, I tried several different tunes/auto tunes. Now, the bike seems to not run as smooth/consistent before I added the V&H exhaust.
I'm now using the "Stock Improved" tune from Dynojet website.

Question: Could all the previous changes have a lingering impact? Is there a need/way to "factory reset".

Anyone has a good tune for a 2013 Muscle with K&N air filter only? Thanks in advance
Try a high temperature exhaust sealant at the joints and headers. When my bike was new, I had a leak at the muffler joint at around 500 miles. The breather hoses are known to crack as well.

Also, I wouldn't expect any canned tune to run perfect without any autotune sessions and tweaks. I believe the "stock improved" tune runs richer than what's needed to meet EPA emissions standards, but it's not optimized for a high flow air filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.