Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else thought about cutting up there frame and making it to your own specs. I ask because I am tempted to do so. I feel like a fat kid on a mini bike every weekend. I am also ready to improve the handling. Have never felt comfortable on my destroyer even after moving the foot pegs and changing the triple trees. Maybe it would be better to transplant everything into a chromoly chassis. Any thoughts?

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
I'd put the parts on another chassis. IMO these bikes are getting old enough that one should reconsider the wisdom of chopping one up.

·
Too much fun
138 Posts
By another chassis I meant a new custom chassis. There are a few of us Destroyer owners who've done it. I've thought about it but can't afford it right now. No time for it right either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any suggested chassis builders? I am looking at D and G and HDFR online but have not contacted them yet. Saving up some $$ and hope to get this project started before the new year.

·
Too much fun
138 Posts
I've talked to Dave and considered D&G. If I had the $ and time, I would get D&G to make one for me. He's been doing it for quite a while, and many people have had success racing his chassis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decided to go with a longer swing arm that I will fabricate. Also cut out the seat pan so I can lower my ride height and move back. Will also fabricate a smaller fuel tank. I hope to reuse the stock fuel pump but we shall see. Few pics of progress so far. Will try to give updates and pictures as I go.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts