Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m back from the track. First I must say that I had a lot of fun. I made a total of 12 passes and had a chance to weigh the bike and myself before I made a pass. The bike and I weigh 860 lbs. I’m 5”9’ 190 lbs and I had about 3 gallons of gas. I had to get some gas from the track just to make it home, 2 gallons of 101 was $15.50. I got a lot of complements on the bike; I was surprised at the amount of people that did not know that Harley had the V-Rod line. I had a lot of trouble coming off the line which resulted in high 60 foot times. I tried feathering the clutch from 7 grand up and the bike would bog down. I feel as if I was letting out on the clutch to fast. I even hit the rev limiter at the line on one pass and quickly released the clutch which resulted in wheel spin and a nice little wiggle from the rear end. One of the Pro-Stock Bike made a mention that he saw me ride it out and I did a good job controlling the bike. By the way those guys are FAST!!! I did not really concern my-self with the R/T. See the attachment for all total times for the day.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
jcr333 said:
Well I’m back from the track. First I must say that I had a lot of fun. I made a total of 12 passes and had a chance to weigh the bike and myself before I made a pass. The bike and I weigh 860 lbs. I’m 5”9’ 190 lbs and I had about 3 gallons of gas. I had to get some gas from the track just to make it home, 2 gallons of 101 was $15.50. I got a lot of complements on the bike; I was surprised at the amount of people that did not know that Harley had the V-Rod line. I had a lot of trouble coming off the line which resulted in high 60 foot times. I tried feathering the clutch from 7 grand up and the bike would bog down. I feel as if I was letting out on the clutch to fast. I even hit the rev limiter at the line on one pass and quickly released the clutch which resulted in wheel spin and a nice little wiggle from the rear end. One of the Pro-Stock Bike made a mention that he saw me ride it out and I did a good job controlling the bike. By the way those guys are FAST!!! I did not really concern my-self with the R/T. See the attachment for all total times for the day.

MAKE SURE TO KEEP A NHRA LOG BOOK:soapbox: !

It will really help You outFast,and get you into a good rutine:deal: .
get a Base line 1st then 1 change at a time.Get as Much SEAT time as Possible and watch what the Fast guys do:heart: !I gave a couple track videoc on my SKR Website if you would like to watch both stock and Pro Stock Bike's riden by me:kaz:

www.superkazracing.com

You have the 1320FT FEVER NOW:hidesbeh: !!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds pretty much like my first time out this year. What was your tire pressure? I found that out here at 6000 feet, my setup worked pretty well. Just keep "testing and tuning" and you'll find what works. Fun isn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts